Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Florida unemployment benefits question?

I filed for unemployment on June 2011 along with all of my co workers since the company i we were working for 2 years had gone out of business. Now my co-workers filed on their own they all got the same benefit amount of $275 per week i know one of them made $12.34 an hour and the other 2 made $15-$17 an hour. My benefit amount was $219 per week i make $10 an hour and was employed full time just like them. the problem is when i was filing for unemployment online i made an error on the application where it says

"Enter your GROSS earnings since Sunday morning of this current week, even if you have not yet been paid for your work. Do not include money earned prior to Sunday"

I misread the question and entered $10,000 but i really had to put $0.00 since i had not received any money since Sunday morning.

So my question is does anyone know if this would have impact my benefits to be $219 and not $275 ?

and is it to late to contact unemployment and tell them their was an error on the application if there was and my benefit was $275 will i get that money?

Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

1. The state will look at your wages during the base period to calculate your benefit. (Your base April 1, 2010 to March 31st, 2011.) They use the wages reported to them for that period. If you think your benefits are too low, find your W-2 and paystubs for 2010 and your paystubs for 2011 and go talk to them.

Q: How is the weekly benefit calculated?

A: The Agency for Workforce Innovation uses the quarter in the base period with the highest earnings and divides the earnings by 26. This number is the weekly benefit amount. The minimum weekly benefit amount is $32 and the maximum weekly benefit amount is $275.

2. When you make your weekly claim, you indicate how much you made during the week (even if you haven't been paid yet). You put $10,000. Clearly you will get $0 if the state thinks you made $10K. I fyou had put $100, they would have reduced the benefits from $219 to something closer to $199.

3. Since you appear to have not to have worked at all last week, contact UI to ask if there is a way to fix YOUR typo. This was your mistake, not theirs.

4. IGNORE the poster who told you to never report income while getting unemployment. Benefits fraud is a criminal offense.

a million) that's often computerized 2) you ought to have or gets a letter telling you while 3) i think of that's for a 365 days...i could not discover plenty info on it. 4) that's honestly separate out of your unemployment it is going to are available a letter which will say substantial FAC suggestions interior in spite of if that's a examine for 25 funds. that's weekly.i think of that's the entire time you're on unemployment.

Yes, go and contact the Unemployment office and make the correction.

The benefits are calculated on the wages earned so it may have an impact.

• ?

Yes they deduct from your unemployment of what you tell them you made. Thats why some works for ( under the table ) where no taxes are taken out, but make sure you get paid in cash or they can say you were (subcontracting) from them and get hit with unpaid taxes. Their proof could be if they paid you in checks. If a baby sitter is paid by check that works on a regular basis for a family she too will have to come up with back taxes if the people file they paid her. Its best get paid in cash for some jobs as such.

Source(s): Exper
  • ?

You have to apply through an online process. For more details http://www.usignp.com/2013/05/www-fluidnow-com-cla...