Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

Why do people act as if Derrick Rose Choked never happened?

Derrick Rose choked hard in the Eastern Conference Finals. Then the sad thing is it's completely covered up with excuses. I never saw as much people jumping to defend Nowitzki. Or James in their one-man team years. They keep saying "Oh Rose had to go against Heat's big three" Then why was LeBron going up against Bostons big three any different?

Update:

I know he choked stupid. The point of the question completely went over your head.

LeBron Chokes = Year long bashing

Derrick Rose Chokes = half an hour on espn saying "he had a bad night"

Update 2:

lol @ 27 ppg 8 apg. What about his 30% field goal percentage? shot selection? bad decision? Turnovers? I don't get why everybody in the world is acting as it never happened.

Update 3:

I guess the NBA these days has turned into nothing but personal emotions instead of BASKETBALL. Not worth asking on here.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This has been happening for years in the NBA. People pick their favorites and see what they want to see.

They completely forget the Boston and Bulls series that Lebron had, where he was the best player in the world on offense and defence. They ignore the fact he was clutch in both series! And focus on his finals performance!

They give Rose a pass cause they like him.

They try to pretend that Rose was clutch, when the fact is Rose shot 6% from the field when Lebron was covering him.

They did the same with Wilt his whole career. Trying to make stuff up so they could maybe say he was not the greatest.

Wilt had 24 points 32 rebounds 13 assists and 12 blocks in the 1st game of the eastern finals vs. Bill Russel and the 8 X defending champion Celtics in 1967. In my opinion it is the greatest play off game in the history of the NBA. Yet people will try to tell you Wilt was no good in the play-offs, and you never hear about his Quad against Russel.

The bottom line is people are a ss holes and will ignore the facts to support players they like.

Media does exactly the same.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

You have to realize that there are people on each side of the argument, and since you're on the offenseive, you're too blind to see that you are not the only one. I agree; Derrick Rose didn't play to his full potential, but he was guarded very well and under a lot of pressure. But, what you also fail recognize is that Joakim Noah choked ten times harder than Rose did.

And, if you know who I am, you know that I'll be the first Bulls fan to defend LeBron or Dwyane Wade on here. LeBron gets bashed for a year, since the media caught on to the fact that over 75% of the nation's population hates the man. Therefore, if they constantly ridicule him, their ratings will increase.

Plus, most of the Rose lovers/LeBron haters are not real basketball fans. And, I can say that with complete confidence.

• 9 years ago

Your absolutely right The criticism Lebron James get is from Fans across the league wanting to see him fail and their team succeed Lebron did choke in the game 6 Offensively the Heat did not lose because of Lebron they lost because the whole team lost it on defense ever heard of "Defense wins games Offense gets the glory" well that also happens to corresponds to criticism When Lebron was in cleveland he was the derrick rose with less decent team. Then when James left he created this villian ego of his and basically turned the league against him.

Source(s): History
  • AP
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Derrick Rose was getting double and triple teamed the entire series. he was playing hurt and his body was waring down from all the hits he was taking from the entire season. How come nobody talks about how bad the bench played, how noah did nothing, and how about all the open and missed shots korver missed. There were a lot of reason the Bulls lost that series, Rose wasn't the only one to play poorly.

It wasn't like in the Finals when Lebron just gave up in the 4th quarter.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Not many people even expected the Bulls to make it to the ECF at the start of last season and saying D-Rose choked is pretty dumb to say. Sure he could have played better but he wasn't under as much pressure as Lebron and the Heat were. You maybe could say he underperformed but he definately didn't choke. 27ppg and 8apg is pretty good to begin with but you can't expect him to carry the team when he doesn't have Wade or Bosh backing him up like Lebron does.

• 9 years ago

Why do Heat fans act as if LeBron James didn't choke in the finals? He's the reason they lost!

• Not making excuses, but I don't think Derrick Rose choked. I think his team just lost to the better team.

• Brad
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Why do people act as if The Heat/Chicago series was officiated great lol?

Why do Heat fans act like Lebron didn't choke in the Finals?

Why were there hardly any heat fans prior to Lebron joining?

• Nick
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

because it was the farthest he has ever been in the playoffs and his third season in the NBA so he has very little experience and lebrons choke is so much worse no one cares about rose's choke they only car about Lefails choke

• 9 years ago

Yeah, like he had another teammate that is a top 10 player like LeBron did.

Get off the bandwagon, idiot.

This shows how Heat fans are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.