Dream about Shirley MacLaine and Warren Beatty?

Had a dream about Shirley MacLaine last night. Luckily, in the dream, she was still going strong. Her brother, Warren Beatty, was in the dream, too. We were all at my old college dorm that, in the dream, MacLaine had lived in, too. We were getting along as if we were family. For some reason, I stepped on a dog who got very mad at me and started to growl (and also made me think of the phrase "let sleeping dogs lie."

What do you think it means?

Favorite Answer

Without knowing a lot about you all I can do is surmise. The Phrase "let sleeping dogs lie" flies in the face of psychologists who counsel that we should unearth our personal demons and confront them one by one. If there is somebody or a situation you should confront in order to gain closure, it is possible that the emotional fallout for said confrontation will be worse than the initial pain. Your dream seems to be a warning to this effect. It is quite a conundrum. Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine were like family to you, so I am assuming that whatever the situation is involves family. Sorry, that's the best I can come up with.

Dreams do have significance. I have had many amazingly vivid and life altering dreams.

Source(s): MA Counseling Psychology

Many people think that dreams mean something. But that isn't necessarily true. Dreams actually mean nothing. Although it probably is not what you want to hear, but it is the truth! Modern medicine has proved that dreams are nothing more than a succession of images recalling past memory. I'm sorry if this is not what you want to believe.

I will start off telling you that ALL dreams mean nothing! Dreams just express you or your emotions, they express what you feel and what you do in real life. thats why they feel so real. Dreams cannot create people, places and things thats another reason why they feel so real! dreams recall past memory, -for example if you see a person you don't recognize in dreams, you probably saw him before on TV or walking in the street (you probably didn't pay attention to them). Dreams express your emotions and thoughts in a negative way

Nothing. The dream was about nothing. dreams mean nothing they just express your emotions and feelings in a symbolic way.

Dreams are simple synapses in your brain firing off all sorts of things. Your brain gathers all this random information, sights, sounds and so forth. And as you are sleeping, these sights and essentially memories are jumbled up into one big mess, just random nonsense, and your brain works and works for an hour or so trying to create a nice little story with all of these sights and sounds because it wants to make sense of it. It wants to make sense out of nonsense! So, then you end up with this dream. This happens several times in one night but when you wake up, you forget all of them, and when you do remember one of them, when you do remember at least one dream, we try to make sense of it. We tell ourselves, what is this? What could it mean. When in reality, it means nothing, it is just complete nonsense. So stop trying to make sense of it, it is nothing!

Dreams are a succession of images, ideas, emotions and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep.

For more Information read the "about me" section when you click on my account. Hopefully this resolves your problems.

Source(s):

took courses in dream interpretation and psychology