Which sensory perception is most powerful ? Touch, smell, view, hear or taste ?

Why ?

• small
    Favorite Answer

Touch of course.... because that's what sex is all about and moreover, it is capable of killing too when used against..... touch can heal as well as explode!! I would go to the extent that without touch, love loses much of its bliss!!

Interesting question; hadn't ever thought of comparing powers of the five senses over us!

View: It takes more than half of the processing power of brain. Nothing can equal it. Just yesterday a engineer got killed on railway tracks while talking over the phone, hearing impaired the ability to be aware, which is not power but weakness. Other senses brings partial details, where as view brings comprehensive details. Though one can survive without it, power is most by vision. Even it takes care of bio clock.

But to be precise, there is nothing like powerful or not, each function is different and unique. They should not be compared as they meant for different purposes.

Birbal, the Minister of Emperor Akbar is the best judge to answer.

For example, which finger of your hand is more powerful - Thump?

Which among Pancha Bhootas (earth, air, water, fire, space) is most powerful?

Which sense organ is most powerful - skin, nose, eyes, ears or tongue?

Which among the states of "pran" (air at different parts of body) - Prana, apana, udana, vyana, samana, is most powerful in your physical body?

Which active part of your mind is more powerful - Manas, chittam, ahankaram or budhi

Which of the 'karmendriyas' is more powerful ? (mouth, hands, feet, anus and genitals)

[(karmendriya = active senses - and 'jnan - or gyan - indriya = informative senses ])

Unless a mentally retarded all senses are complimentary to one another other. However the skin covers the whole body and 'touch' can be taken as prominent - as one can live without any of the powers of eyes, ears, taste or smell - "sravan, ghran, sparsh, rasa, gandh". But there is no body without skin.

(Physically handicap does not include the one who is without head, like this, the mind is the centre of every 5 + 5 senses)

Source(s): sensory perception is a function of mind.
  • `

View

Touch affects you physically.. But view affects you mentally.. In many cases, many people are even mentally abused with this sensory perception.. I read in news paper one time which comes to my mind now. Husband becomes a mental disorder patient.. Because his wife betrayed him by being with other person in a private situation which he viewed with his eyes.. He cant digest and became a mental disordered patient due to an unexpected shock.. Not only this... I read many articles like this..

Smell, it's been scientifically proven. pregnancy, pheromones, memories, sex, etc...even when it comes to choosing a mate. People are drawn to those who's smell they prefer. Personally, I find it to be true in my experience.

Source(s): my life, my love, my memories

I think itz "Taste" coz this is the situation where u can neva go wrong with ur liking/disliking..

Taste, yummy

smell is very powerful for triggering memories

• abi

Touch it involve two persons and blind and dumb also experience it. powerful coz one cannot lie through touch feeling.....ß

Hear , most powerful tool of all .if one posses this power then , he becomes wise ..