Uvy asked in TravelAsia PacificMalaysia · 9 years ago

Malaysia- What are the MUST TO DO things ?

Travelling with my wife and 9 yr old daughter to Malaysia. Will be there from 31st Jan2012 morning 7 9 am till 2nd Jan 2012 upto 11 am.

Please let me know what are the MUST SEE places.

Which are the places that could be of interest of my daughter where she can enjoy.

Where to do shopping and are clothes buying worth ?

Where to eat( non veg prefered)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Malaysia is a country, which is blessed with enthralling natural beauty along with all the innumerable tourist attractions. Malaysia Tourist Destinations is also about getting the taste of the local flavor and cuisine, where the food will taste amazing with only the ambience being different for each eating joint. While considering the shopping at Malaysia, the visitors will get real value for money and good bargains along with total satisfaction. Malaysia is fast becoming one of the hottest tourist destinations in Asia. It comprises of

•big cities

•long coastlines

•spotless beaches

•huge buildings

•extensive shopping malls

Top 3 state for visit:

Penang: Known as one of Southeast Asia's finest destinations, Penang is a popular place dotted with outstanding palm shrouded and white sandy beaches and exotic sights. The beaches are also home to exciting beach sports and activities like swimming, sailing, parasailing, surfing, fishing, boating and jet skiing. Batu Ferringhi and Teluk Bahang are the most popular beaches of this place.

There are also historical sites, temples, mosques and churches to view in this place. Some of the major attractions of this place are Koo Kongsi, Penang Hill, Penang Butterfly Farm, Tropical Fruit Fram, Penang Museum, Penang Bridge etc. Read more on Penang: http://bit.ly/hIFD7Y

Kuala Lumpur: The vibrant capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur is unique blend of the cultures of several communities like Chinese, Malays, South Indians, East Malaysian ethnic groups, Thais, Indonesians, Sikhs and a huge community of expats. The festivals, food, music, art and fashion of each community and their influence on the other communities bring out a really exciting and charming environment. Eating, shopping and nightlife of this city are really incredible. The record breaking twin Petronas Towers are situated in this place. Some of the major attractions of Kuala Lumpur are Central Market, Petaling Street, National Library, Royal Selangor, Lake Gardens etc. Read more on KL: http://bit.ly/e96FUM

Terengganu: is theliving testimony to the state's centuries-old guardianship of Malaysia's cultural heritage. There is celebration of its many cultural and traditional heritages handed down from generation-to-generation. The place is endowed with a wealth of charming and refreshing natural landscapes. There are beaches, exotic islands, lush virgin tropical jungle, quaint fishing villages, dazzling waterfalls and many more. Major highlights of this place are Terengganu State Museum, Islamic Civilisation Park, Pulau Perhentian, Kenyir Lake etc. Read more ....http://bit.ly/mFaXBB

You can follow this facebook for more Malaysia travel update: http://on.fb.me/vYS8Nr

• Fruity
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Hi there,

The places that I would highly recommend you to visit and do your shopping in KL which is much cheaper than Singapore.

The Petronas Twin Tower ( get tickets up to the skybrigde )

The Bird Park

The Genting Resort ( up in the mountains, )

Shopping at the Bukit Bintang area with many big malls or Mid Valley Mega Mall. There are food courts in every mall and you must try KFC in Malaysia it's the best in the world. I have eaten them in many different countries ,it's nothing compare to KFC in Malaysia.Take a ride up to Genting ( an hour ), I am sure your daughter will enjoy the theme park. There are also a lot of shopping with great sales. There are Genting buses at the Imbi Coach stand, cost RM8-9per person. Drop me a line at yahoo mail if you need more help. Happy holidays.

• 9 years ago

The Petronas Twin Tower must cover skybrigde

The Bird Park

The Genting Resort

Shopping at the Bukit Bintang

• 9 years ago

I think you meant 2nd Feb.

Well for 3days you certainly won't be doing much here. But for shopping, definitely Kuala Lumpur. You can visit Times Square (big mall), Sungei Wang (IT gadgets), Pavilion (big mall), Fahrenheit, Lot10. Aside from these, you can drive for a while to visit KLCC (the twin towers)

They're all just a stones throw away from each other you can walk. And that much shopping just took a day away from your vacation.

Since you've only have 2days left I would not recommend places like ChinaTown (Chi-Chyong-Gai). You can choose to travel to some beach/ resorts.

Beaches: Pulau Redang, Pulau Perhentian, Port Dickson, Pulau Tioman are a few of the wonderful beaches here. (Be sure to check on monsoon and windy seasons!)

Not a fan of the sea? Try Genting Highlands or Cameron Highlands. Definitely an attraction to anyone.

That'll probably be more than enough for 3days :P

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Gman
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

You'll be there from the morning of the 31st of Jan 2012 until 11am on the 2nd of Jan 2012?

I think you'll need a bit more time to enjoy Malaysia.

• Naruto
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

If there is only one 'must do' thing, it's the Petronas Twin Tower. Go to the sky bridge.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.