I haven't filed tax returns since 2007?

I haven't worked since then since I've been in school but I've been paying for school with all these federal loans and I did work in 2006 but didn't file a tax return (I was supposed to get a $200 withholding refund). Anyways, I'm looking and seeing all these tax benefits and credits and... show more I haven't worked since then since I've been in school but I've been paying for school with all these federal loans and I did work in 2006 but didn't file a tax return (I was supposed to get a $200 withholding refund).

Anyways, I'm looking and seeing all these tax benefits and credits and I'm calculating refunds and they are like $1000 each for 2008/2009/2010/2011/2012 because of some American Hope Credit and other stuff because I put I got paid $200 for doing some work around the neighborhood.

How can I backfile these taxes? Will these backed up refunds help in the future in case I end up owing a lot of taxes, I'll have an uncollected $5000 tax shelter.

What about just doing this years?

IDK, was just curious, probably means nothing.