Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 9 years ago

how can I make my own perfume brand ?!!?

I wanna start my own business about perfume in some European market where people are keen on buying cheap perfume with a good lasting smell, I just wanna know where to start & what to do , I know it is a big deal about making the bottle, the liquid itself, the boxes and the transparent plastic covers, but I really wanna do it & I have partners who are financially ready, any perfume expert here to help, any help will be highly appreciated . I live in the states & I am ready to go in person to anyone to meet & discuss if that what it takes

Favorite Answer

First research A LOT about the top notes, heart notes, and base notes. Know them like the back of your hand. Then research common and uncommon fragrance keys, like rose, ylang-ylang, musk, etc. Know those very well. I know you might be reluctant, but after you just dive in, you might find it surprisingly interesting. There is NOOOOO way you can even get into the perfume business without knowing that stuff :)

Get a small business license and register your name as a trademark, and copyright your logo.

Then find suppliers that sell fragrance oils, essential oils, and perfumer's alcohol (you may need a special license to buy alcohol in large quantities). Look on the back of a perfume bottle and research a recipe. Buy everything you need. Craft a perfume you like using these ingredients. It may take a while. When you find one you like, locate it to a manufacturer that can process it in bulk. You will have to pay them, but there is no way you will be able to buy a factory big enough to process enough perfume. Then contact a beauty supplier, like Sephora or Ulta, to sell your perfume in stores.

To craft a bottle, find a glass blower or crafter or a plastic crafter. Draw and outline of what you want.

I hope this helped you! Good luck

Source(s): Cosmetologist and starting a beauty business too