Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 9 years ago

What is a good laptop to get for online gaming?

I'm looking to start playing SWTOR and need a good laptop to play it on. I realize I'm going to spend a good amount of money, but I don't want to spend an astronomical amount. I know I need a good amount of RAM, but what size video card is sufficient? Do I really need to spend $1700 on an alienware laptop? Or can I get away with an $800 HP pavillion? Tips please.

Favorite Answer

A HP may or may not be the best gaming labtop. If you really want a good one i suggest to build your own. there are many websites out there that offer bare bone kits for starters to see how to build one. i built my own and i saved $1,100. It runs at super speed.

I'd recommend the Sager NP8130 from their site here:

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=produc...

It took about a week until it shipped, then about half a week to arrive, but I live in Canada, and it's in California, so what are you going to do?

Anyways, it runs without a hiccup, besides really demanding games, such as ARMA II, which crashes from time to time.

And in case your lazy, I customized it w/

Intel i7 (forgot which model)

GTX 460m

8gb Ram

In the end that cost about $1250 with shipping and border fees.

Happy hunting! hope this helps.

Source(s): Personal Experience

I bought a 400$ Ienovo and it works quite well with online gaming! :) Not a bad labtop. But if you plan on buying a Alienware labtop, Please take care of it!:).