Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 9 years ago

What is a good laptop to get for online gaming?

I'm looking to start playing SWTOR and need a good laptop to play it on. I realize I'm going to spend a good amount of money, but I don't want to spend an astronomical amount. I know I need a good amount of RAM, but what size video card is sufficient? Do I really need to spend $1700 on an alienware laptop? Or can I get away with an $800 HP pavillion? Tips please.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A HP may or may not be the best gaming labtop. If you really want a good one i suggest to build your own. there are many websites out there that offer bare bone kits for starters to see how to build one. i built my own and i saved $1,100. It runs at super speed.

• 9 years ago

I'd recommend the Sager NP8130 from their site here:

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=produc...

It took about a week until it shipped, then about half a week to arrive, but I live in Canada, and it's in California, so what are you going to do?

Anyways, it runs without a hiccup, besides really demanding games, such as ARMA II, which crashes from time to time.

And in case your lazy, I customized it w/

Intel i7 (forgot which model)

GTX 460m

8gb Ram

In the end that cost about $1250 with shipping and border fees.

Happy hunting! hope this helps.

Source(s): Personal Experience
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I bought a 400$ Ienovo and it works quite well with online gaming! :) Not a bad labtop. But if you plan on buying a Alienware labtop, Please take care of it!:).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.