TeaForLove asked in HealthDental · 8 years ago

How to get rid of gingivitis and how long will it take?

I've been normally brushing twice daily and it is really painful! My gums hurt really badly and they start to bleed a lot. After I brush I use a mouth wash called Savacol I think, kind of like Listerine, It numbs the pain a bit but, I've been using it twice daily also and I can't taste any food!

It hurts when I eat and I can't taste anything!

Is this the right way to get rid of Gingivitis? Or is there an easier and simpler way?

Favorite Answer

Hi Teaforlove,

You may have a gum infection called acute ulcerative gingivitis.

You really should go to a dentist to get it checked. It is treatable, but the best thing to do is get your own dentists advice.

And savacol contains chlorhexidine, which is known to affect taste!

In general, the best way to get rid of gingivitis is proper tooth brushing, flossing and then use of a mouthwash.

Hope this helps,

Barry

Source(s): dentalcarematters.com

Along with brushing and use of mouth wash, also do flossing to remove the deposits which are present interdentally. If there is swelling of gums present, then you can do warm saline rinses to reduce the gum swelling. Take nutritious diet and maintain good oral hygiene. Gingivitis occurs because of plaque and calculus deposits in relation to teeth so you can also get dental cleaning done to remove the deposits present. For more info on prevention of gingivitis, refer to... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-how-to-prevent-gi...

• aymar

Colgate Savacol

this worked on a 2 month camping trip to the boonies,on an infected tooth,,,,get a can of lysol disinfectant,it kills trychophyton mentagrophytes,and a large variety of bacteria,,mix @ one or 2 sprays in a few ounces of water,tastes yucky,,has less chemicals than kellogs poptarts DILUTE the stuff,add to just carbonated water,swish,don't swallow,,,,use a semi stiff brush to brush,but don't be too rough,also,avoid bleached flours,snackywackies,candy bars,colas,pops,gooey junkydonuts,etc,get some black cotton thread from the supermarket to floss with,don't dig with the thread,but a clean tooth base will squeek,and you can see the residue you pick up.baking soda is also a good cleaner,without abrading the tooth surfaces

as you describe yor gingival problem it seems to be an advance problem.....so I recommend u look for a dentist to treat that problem that if you dont solve it if will bring u seroious consecuences in your oral health....

besides I woudn't recommende Colgate savacol, i prefer Colgate- periogard

Source(s): dentistry school

Ginger disease?