What is E.A.R. Technology?

i was looking at headphones and i saw it in the key features for this

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/dynamic-stereo-headph...

i try googling it but im not really finding much, i would like to know what it is, wat it stands for, wat it does, how it effects the headphones, etc.

ur help is greatly appreciated

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Eric K
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It was listed in the "Description" tab and says "Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement (E.A.R.) enables ideal sound channelling for a new kind of listening experience"

What it means is that the headphones have been engineered in such a way that when you put them on (properly of course) that the drivers (speakers) of the headphone send the sound in the most natural way. This is seen more often with high-end headphones in order to achieve the best possible sound.

This "E.A.R." technology, is the fancy name that Sennheiser has called it but this can be seen with other audiophile level headphones as well.

Source(s): Audio Enthusiast
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Ear Technology

• 5 years ago

It appears to me that the drivers (speakers) are at an angle in the ear cup so that they point slightly backwards. I think this is done to create the effect of sound coming from in front of the listener rather than directly from the sides.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.