Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

VMI transfer to West Point?

I was wondering, if you have a ROTC scholarship (full ride, or 3 year etc.) to VMI, and you all ready completed a year at VMI, would you have to pay for that year if you transfer to WP next year? Is there partial payments, or does the Army pick up the tab?

2 Answers

  • Tom
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    A Scholarship Rotc Cadet who earns an appointment to West Point does not have to pay for the year(s) he was on ROTC Scholarship, even if he earns the appointment to West Point in his 4th year on Rotc Scholarship. In fact, a Scholarship Rotc Cadet can quit Rotc prior to the beginning of the Sophomore year and owe the Army nothing. A West Point Cadet can leave West Point prior to the start of Junior year and owe the Army nothing. If a guy is contemplating seeking an appointment to West Point, he can also enroll in a military junior college as an ECP Cadet on Rotc Scholarship in their service academy prep program and compete for an appointment to West Point up until commissioning at the end of sophomore year.

    Good Luck!

  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

    do you need to get well-known to ANY provider academy, choosing that over a Senior protection rigidity college is the purely perfect selection. On commencement except for the Uniform save you may haven't any debt, you get income from the day you're taking your oath as a Plebe, and do not enable everybody allow you to comprehend that the old Boy community does no longer make a distinction once you're a JO. A&M and Virginia Tech do have outstanding centers with academic possibilities that the academies and the different Senior protection rigidity faculties can not adventure, yet once you've an interest in being a protection rigidity Officer, the Academy is the purely perfect selection.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.