Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesOther - Arts & Humanities · 9 years ago

What is Digital Print (as a medium for Art)?

Is Digital Print basically digital media (like original artwork created through Photoshop) or is it another name for photographs? I asked because I'm trying to join this art competition but they're telling me they don't accept artworks that have either digital prints or photographs. Please explain? Thanks

Favorite Answer

There are challenges to the setting a common definition for the Digital Print. See some example resources below.

I suggest you ask for a clarified definition from the organization that is holding the art competition.

Best wishes for your entry in the art competition...

It seems like they want something made by hand - a painting, drawing, sculpture, etc. However, digital art is a serious art form and used by many serious artists. It can mean a photograph with a digital file that is printed digitally, or it can mean an image you create on the computer screen and then print digitally.

Source(s): Past experience as art professional.