Am I the only one who would live in California over New York?

I'm from the WA and I always, always thought I would love NY and NYC, but after visiting this year, I actually did not like it - at all. Interesting place, but the hustle and bustle was not my cup of tea. In reverse, I ended up loving California (SF and LA). When I talk to people about this, they always say... show more I'm from the WA and I always, always thought I would love NY and NYC, but after visiting this year, I actually did not like it - at all. Interesting place, but the hustle and bustle was not my cup of tea. In reverse, I ended up loving California (SF and LA). When I talk to people about this, they always say that they would pick NY over CA because they think everyone is fake and dumb in CA. I don't think this is true at all whatsoever. I just don't understand these ridiculous stereotypes...but then again, NY has some, too. But whenever CA and NY gets compared, I always see people siding with NY. Am I alone on CA?