Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Why does God cause touchdowns in football games, but not help a mother in Sierre Leone feed her children?

And help her dying 3 year old survive AIDS?

love,

momo

• Mindy
    Favorite Answer

First, on exactly WHAT are you basing your belief that Almighty Jehovah / Yahweh God, the Grand Creator of heaven, earth and the universe is so interested in the game of football that He causes teams to have touchdowns (who is God's favorite team that He roots for?)?

???

“For the thoughts of YOU people are not my thoughts, nor are my ways YOUR ways,” is the utterance of Jehovah. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than YOUR ways, and my thoughts than YOUR thoughts."

~ Isaiah 55:11

Second, are you under the impression that Almighty Jehovah / Yahweh is the god of this world? If so, God's Word the Bible at 2 Corinthians 2:4 shows that you'd be dead wrong... Satan the Devil is the god and ruler of this world, NOT God Almighty (the passages of scripture in the following link verifies this): http://bit.ly/sZG6T3

Third, s the mother in Sierre Leone fulfilling her part of the GUARANTEE that God gives through His Son Jesus Christ at Matthew 6:25-33 that if a person puts God's heavenly Kingdom Government and what is right by God (God's righteousness) in FIRST PLACE position in their lives that ALL of the person's NEEDS (not wants) WILL BE provided for by God Almighty?

Is the mother in Sierre Leone DOING this?

???

Does she even know what God's Kingdom IS (http://bit.ly/1NNJO ) and what is right by God in order to put these things in FIRST PLACE priority in her life?

You need to gain accurate knowledge on what God's Word the Bible teaches as to WHY He is ALLOWING suffering, what He intends to do and in fact has been DOING to correct the situation and how Satan the devil became the god and ruler of this world. The information in the Bible based publication in the link below will help you in gaining the accurate knowledge you need concerning these questions... That is if you REALLY want to know THE answers. Feel free to research and carefully review the information presented with ANY copy of the Bible.

Ciao

Source(s): Truth... And nothing but: *** 'What Does the Bible REALLY Teach?... Why Does God Allow Suffering?': http://bit.ly/16ss8g ***

I wasn't aware God is a football fan. He does bless those who love Him, but He does not cause touchdowns. That's between the quarterback and the receiver. I'd say training and practice have a lot to do with success on the gridiron.

Lamentations 3:22 says the Lord’s compassions never fail and according to Hebrews 13:8, Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever. That means He’s not arbitrary, intervening sometimes and not others without any apparent reason.  Therefore, there have to be other factors involved that are currently not under His control, because He certainly didn’t create the world this way.

Think about it.  Jesus didn’t say we’d never be sick, but He promised we could be healed (James 5:15).  He said we would have troubles in this world, then told us to take heart because He’s overcome the world (John 16:33).  He also said He is working all things together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). I take the phrase all things to mean everything, good or bad.

So what are these other factors? Well, first of all there’s our fallen creation which is currently under the control of the evil one (1 John 5:19).  Because of this we live in an evil and arbitrary world, where even the innocent are often attacked.  But it’s worse than that. According to 1 Peter 5:8 the devil is always prowling around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Then there’s our sin nature that can place us outside of God’s protective power without us even being aware of it until it’s too late.  And sometimes our faith is so weak that even in asking for help we make it obvious we don’t believe we’ll get it.  James called this being double minded and said we shouldn’t expect anything when we pray like that (James 1:6-8).  Put all this together and it’s a wonder God is able to intervene as often as He does.

theres two schools of thought

one: without pain and suffering there'd be no happiness and joy. Frankly there wouldn't be much to live for if they world was full of happiness and if everyone got what they want. there would be no point. according to many we are here to be tested and prove we are worthy to live with good. some of us (all of us) have to suffer. there has to be death. Being without some of the thing you want in life is an indespensible part of happiness. that football player who scored doesn't have a perfect life...nor do the fans, sport boardcasters or the rest of the players, neither you or me or anyone else. thats just how it works. insead of dwelling on negativity and the things that need to happen be thankful you're okay and for what you have.

in this life you aren't going to ever know the full answer to your question. it doesn't matter it's not your place to wonder. live your life because its already short enough.

and two: there is no God and things just happen randomly.

Source(s): me
  • What makes you think God causes touchdowns in football ? Personally I think God cares very little about football. Even if Tim Tebow is playing.

God's too busy watching the game and eating pizza and buffalo wings with the guys to be worried about a mother in Sierre Leone.

Really? Football is about the skill of the player. I seriously doubt that God helps make touchdowns.

Cause he ain't real. And I am sooo sick of hearing people talk about praying for a touchdown or a good parking place at Wal-Mart. They need to get over themselves.

• Moi

God does not do the former except to give athletes their abilities.

In the latter case, God wonders why a woman has babies knowing full well that she cannot feed herself. The AIDS came from the mother and her lover - not God.

Psa 37:25 I have been young, and [now] am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Don't ask us here.

Ask the guys who point to heaven after making a touchdown.

how do you know he;s the cause of touchdowns, maybe it's the players involved? That's a suggestion. Sometimes we don't know for sure why Jesus allows these things to happen. I've questioned him a lot with family deaths (etc.)... I've learned not to question, but to accept and deal with it, because I can ask him one day everything I've ever wanted to know. He has a master plan, and healing everything is not a part of it. Welcome to life.