Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 years ago

Is Plenty of Fish useless?

Can never get a girl to email me back more than 4 times.

or even worse.... They have nothing substantial to give me to where we can open up the dialogue.

I honestly have better luck in real life gaining connections.

Favorite Answer

I used two dating websites…

Plenty of Fish: Great because it's free. Bad because it's free. You don't have to pay anything, but that leads to guys searching for girls to get laid, people who don't take it seriously, profiles that are jokes, etc. I had a profile for a couple of years, and sent out probably 30 emails or so. I had one date out of it (after a girl emailed me), and that was it.

eHarmony: I joined in October of 2010. It's good because it asks a lot of personality questions, and matches you with similar people in your area. The downside is that it costs a decent amount... But because it does, it keeps losers who aren't serious off of it. Another downside is that it gives you your matches, but doesn't allow you to search for anyone. Some have complained about a lack of matches, but I received at least 5 new matches every day. I met three girls, and one of them is now my girlfriend. It’s going well, so I’m a fan of eHarmony.

Good luck.

• Byck

The girls on Plenty of Fish are just all the ones who can't meet guys in real life, they are there BECAUSE they are lacking in social skills. A girl should NEVER have a problem meeting a guy. An attractive woman with an ounce of social skills should, at any given time (if she is single) probably have like at least 2 or 3 guys flirting/pursuing/talking to her and she just needs to pick one.

For guys it is different. Girls are more picky than we are and have a tougher time in general.

You also have to realize that POF is like 10 to 1 guys to girls. So these girls you are messaging probably have like 100 inbox messages from 100 different guys every time they log on, so unless you are the hottest one (cuz lets be honest thats all anyone cares about online) you may find it tough.

• Sandy

I belong to plenty of fish to.Update your profile.Do you have a picture of you on there? if not do that.Go to the matches search and write to all kinds of women.see what happens from there.i have had a few responses,but nothing im interested in.be careful on there.There are alot of scammers, i have had that issue as well.try tagged.com there are alot of women on there.

You just answered your own question go out into the real world and get yourself s girl. Its much easier you meet more people and build character while making new friends. Your choice...

• navy1

Stick to real life then