Isn't it okay to interrupt someone as long as you say "excuse me"?

I said the magic words,

and the guy was like "we were talking"......

lol like was I supposed to wait for them to stop talking?

That could have taken hours.

• BJ
    Best Answer

Yesterday i went to pick my grandson up i went to the front desk and signed in,as I stood infront of this girl who was to check kids in and out Im standing there she did,nt even say can I help you this happens all the time what does she think im there for for her to look at It ticks me off because I need to know where to go to get him because there are certain rooms to go to.,and they dont have a paging system SO i finally said excuse me! then i got acknolledged.I believe they are quite rude they are teens ,I would have went ahumm and say excuse me i would,nt care what they say if you are there they should have stopped fratinizing and asked if you needed something you did the right thing.

You should say excuse me but obviously if it is not important then you could wait. That person should in a reasonable amount of time try to pause their conversation to ask the person waiting what they need or what they are there to tell them.

Saying excuse me does not guarantee that they should end their conversation immediately to listen to another person unless their conversation is important. If what you need to interrupt to tell them is an emergency and important you need to inform that person so they won't make you wait.

Yeah, you normally wait for a break in conversation before you go butting in. You obviously chose the wrong time. Unless that guy has an issue with you for some reason.

suzyque

Nope, just please let them talk, then say what you want when they are done, they will forget wheere they are up to maybeee, and I klow that you may forget what you want to say, so try to hol on to that thought. It is rude it innterupt, unless theres an emergency or something important, that is how just it works with me. If youinteerupt, they my disrespect you with an unfriendly and unwanted response and you may loose them as friends. I'm speking my mind, putting it to you stright, but once again, some people will forgive, some won't. Most don't forget, and no two people are the same.................................

Source(s): Personal experience.............................

Don't interrupt guys talking football.

• Justin

Next time, just eavesdrop on their conversation and stare at them until they acknowledge you.

I would be more annoyed by someone doing that than by someone politely saying "excuse me."

Not sure why they were rude to you...

I think that is fine, he was just being rude.

I know a guy who does this thinking that he is ''civilized''. He was rude to someone else while him and I were sitting in coffee shop. I thought that was off putting.

• Livvi

Is it okay to run somebody over with the car as long as you signal them to let them know you are coming through?

• Onion

How rude of him. I'm sure whatever you had to say was much more important than allowing him to finish his conversation.

Not everyone is as fascinated by what's in your head as you are.

Do not interrupt when I am talking.

Do not talk when I am interrupting.