Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

If scientists have been wrong about things over and over again, why should we ever listen to them?

Let's look at what science brought us:

1. Lobotomies

2. Trepination: boring holes into the skull to relieve spirits

3. Cocaine as a mood enhancer

4. The so-called coming ice age that would freeze us all by the year 2000.

5. Bloodletting

6. Eugenics

With all this craziness that science has brought us, why should I believe anything a scientist has to say? Shouldn't I just stick with my Bible and what talk radio tells me?

• Favorite Answer

I tell you they are not wrong. The earth is flat and it's also the center of the universe.

Heretic!!!

Science is not a single, unified group. Modern science is all about specialists.

Certainly science goes down wrong pathways pretty often. You have a duty to sift through what you are told for the few nuggets of reliable truth. Your Bible is way old and was written by a great many different people under different circumstances, most importantly way before the scientific method was developed. Talk radio has many different voices which contradict each other hourly. They also contradict themselves pretty often, just like the Bible.

Sorry, there is no easy road to wisdom. Not even Yahoo Answers.

If we actually implmented the use of Eugenics most of the country would be unfit to breed. One genetic deficientcy on your template, like say a history of diabetes in your family and that's all she wrote. You'd be a hazard to the gene pool.

• miner

at the start, what team of folk do you characterize that desires to have faith that they are incorrect? you're saying "if all and sundry might in basic terms stop to think of what in the event that they have been incorrect", then they'd all believe ME that faith motives problems and we would all be greater effective off devoid of it. Wow. so which you somewhat don't have a query. you in basic terms prefer to have all and sundry believe you and then issues may be plenty greater effective. subject is, it does not invalidate the claims of religion: that there is a usual of justice, righteousness and integrity that we are talked approximately as to; and that each individual would be judged in accordance to their strikes. If that's actual, this international must be a greater effective place (although I doubt it) yet we would all be judged and found desiring interior the international to return. different think. you think approximately which you're incorrect and are available over to the area of religion (not faith) and believe God. What may be the downside? the subject approximately "faith international extensive motives a super style of problems" is honestly dealt with...do not do faith, do faith quite. the two problems solved...we stop the 'problems' led to via faith AND we've a greater effective international the place we obey the command of God to do justice, and to stroll humbly with God.

• Romeo

Personally, I am very comfortable just thinking for myself.

I also enjoy reading the bible, because it is filled with mysteries about the past, present and future.

Stick with the Bible.

• meg

They correct their errors, that is why we know they were wrong. We should just not have blind faith in the new theories, especially in medicine because they can not conduct experiments so must rely on statistical studies.

Me and my hubby think scientists are evil and atheists...we would prefer not having any so we can live in the stone ages.

• daddio

so called "science" only tries to prove what they want to have proven.

until they open their minds completely-you are correct.

recent climate-gate examples are enough to "prove" this "theory". (there's more than a few)

• phil

troll,why don't we do as we did in the past,look at the research and when things are proven we accept,and until then be skeptical,why must you try and slander someone with your post