In Genesis. Who are "Us"?

In Genesis verse 26 the bible mentions "Us". Who are "Us".

18 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

God, the Father.

God, the Son.

God, the Holy Spirit.

Forgive others as I have forgiven you.

I’m not here to win a popularity contest, but to witness to and speak the TRUTH.

• 8 years ago

There are a few possiblities.

I think that man had to be created with both the good and the bad inside, to be balanced, since everything has a balance. Light, dark...white, black, and so on.

So God, being a positive energy force, was talking to the negative force, to create men with both good and bad inside.

And this would then mean that man could be influenced, by good or bad, to do things. And he is.

Satan proved that, by influencing Eve to take knowledge from the "tree of knowledge"...which as basically, tempation. Once Satan tempted her, she became knowlegeable, and knew what she had done, and then asked Adam to do the same.

So even today, we act by the influences around us, to live our lives. The stronger influences control our lives. And that is because of us having both good and bad inside us, ready to react to the strongest influence.

• hoppes
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

diverse translations of the bible may propose love and charity are synonmus. Examples recent in.1st Corrinthians ch. 13 vs. a million-17 illustrate this many circumstances. i'd savour listening to from a pupil of the languages utilized in those previous circumstances to make sparkling my expertise. the tale of the "global's Poorest Philanthropist", Gilbert "Harold" Ewing II (myself) is the reason behind this querry. The " act of grace", or charity, reffered to interior the records interview, has posited this question and that i lack one among those practise to grant any insights of authentic value.

• 8 years ago

"Us" are those of us who finally came to the understanding that there were many beings involved with our creation. God worked through an agency that hired out to do this type of thing. Christ was a candidate to run this sector of creation but He had to finish his final test which was to come here and try to be one of us. He got away with it for awhile but they found out and nailed him for it. In the process His test was to tolerate all we threw at Him and more until the end of His life here on earth. Having done so He proved to His superiors that He was in fact finished with His seventh and final bestowal and is now the System Sovereign of our local universe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

God is one. The verb Bara "create" is in the singular.

The answer is that this is the magistic plurality.

All biblical scholars, Jewish, Chirstian, and Islamic, all use this term to denote God's magesty.

It does not state that God is many. This cannot be since we see repeatedly that God is one and besides him there is no other. (Isaiah 45:5) (Deut 32:39)

• 8 years ago

Us = God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit = Holy Trinity God.

the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are the 3 divine Persons of One Holy Trinity God.

• 8 years ago

The Holy Trinity:

God

Jesus Christ

Holy Spirit

• 8 years ago

Believe it or not, Christianity evolved out of Judaism, which was a Polytheistic view long, long ago! You have to look back to the Hebrew beliefs over 4000 years ago. They believed in many gods before Moses adopted "Monotheism" for the Hebrews.

• There was Never any Us...King James and Francis Bacon added that...check a Concordance...

• ed f
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

The trinity camp uses it to say that it refers to the trinity, but there is a mention of the 7 spirits of God in Revelations, so maybe God is more complex than we give him credit for.

Source(s): John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, Rev 1:4
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.