Leg pain after driving?

I drove 2 hours today and 1 1/2 hours into it I felt like my legs needed to stretch, but I continued driving. When I got home, I was fine but now I have this tightness feeling in my legs by my knees. It also feels warm but no swelling. What is it??

Favorite Answer

I'm not sure if you drive a manual or automatic, but regardless either can make your leg tired and sore after driving for long periods of time. Depending on what type of driving your doing can play a role in that also. For example freeway, surface streets, bumper to bumper traffic. If your driving in heavy traffic where your constantly braking or pushing in a clutch your leg will tire pretty quick and cause pain or soreness in your knee and leg. I live in the greater Los Angeles area so I can attest to this kind of driving and it doesn't take long to experience pain and soreness in the knee an leg after just a short amount of this type of driving. You might want to stop periodically if your going to drive for that long, just to get yourself out of the car and stretch a little. If your vehicle has cruise control and your driving on the freeway where the traffic isn't heavy, use it. It's a life saver on long drives, cause it will give you a chance to to at least move your legs around a little so they don't become stiff. Well I hope some of this helps you out. Drive safe.

Mike

Leg Pain While Driving

I was fine but I continued driving.

i think your musule is tight