Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 9 years ago

How many non-stoners support legalizing marijuana?

I'm guessing zero. Know why? Because only a stoner would think a drug that causes lung cancer and brain damage, as well as being so addictive that everyone who has ever tried it still smokes it, should be legalized. I have never heard of anyone who didn't smoke weed that supported legalizing it, or a non-stoner who associated with the filthy junkies who do smoke it.

Favorite Answer

>I< support it, I don't use it.

Source(s): You guessed wrong

Marijuana has properties that actually cuts carcinogen like tumors and cells from building in the body by half, or so I've read. It also relieves pain and suffering for people who suffer from the last stages of cancer, anorexia, multiple sclerosis, hemorhagia, parkinsons disease, and other life-threatening or otherwise painful illnesses. To date there has been no link between physical addictions and this drug. Cigarettes and alcohol are far more addictive and dangerous, and to some, THOSE LEGAL DRUGS are the gateway drugs. Now I'm sure you've heard this all before and just wanted to see how many people would reiterate this so I'll be one. I've never touched a joint a day in my life or rolled up once. But let us not be fools in sayin that Cannabis has NO type of place in the medical world. Too much of any good thing can go awry. Look at vicoden... And penicillin.

Source(s): Internet, online databases, books, encyclopedias, published research and testing. Check out eLibrary

Excuse me, but you are very wrong! I am definitely a non-stoner (in fact, I used to LEAVE parties in college where there was marijuana because the smoke made me sick), but I support the legalization of marijuana. It is not addictive as you say, and people who smoke it are not "filthy junkies." that's a ridiculous generalization.

I think it should be as legal as alcohol and regulated and taxed.

I think you're incredibly ignorant and short sighted. I believe weed should be made legal for a number of reasons

1 it can be imported and taxed by the government, helping the economy

2 it's safer than alcohol

3 in countries where it is legal rates of people using other drugs (cocaine etc) have gone down

4 working conditions for people growing it in foreign countries would improve

5 hundreds more people would have jobs

6 hemp can be used instead of paper, so no more cutting down forests

7 hemp is a better fabric than cotton

8 if it were government regulated then people wouldn't get ill from smoking dodgy stuff

And I have never smoked it in my life, it just makes sense to legalise it. And if you need more reasons search "Brian and Stewie weed song" on YouTube

• fizixx

You're wrong

I'm a non-stoner.....I've even tried 'mary j'.....several times.....it never did absolutely nothing for me whatsoever, and the 'stuff' was freelu handed over to me by what I'd say were big time 'stoners' that supposedly got me 'da goot stuff'.

I found it to be a dirty, and complete waste of time and money and developed ZERO interest in it.

I think they should not only legalize 'mary', they should legalize ALL of it...heroine, meth, crack....all of it. I also think they should ride this with the legalization of suicide....and I'm quite serious...no sarcasm. I think it would be an excellent move to make without really affecting our society, In fact I'd expect it to improve greatly. There are more pluses than minuses, imo.

Source(s): The fact that you are so sure, and a stoner and are so wrong kind of proves my point.
  • Gaijin

There are quite a few non users who agree that it should be legal.People are tired of money being thrown away to stop it's use.Ever hear of prohibition?

And no,it isn't physically addictive so smoking it once doesn't hook you -lol.But it's nice to know there are still people around from the 19th century,good luck to you.

no bro i have teachers at my school who support it and dont smoke, its all about morals and opinon bra ^ fuckda police

Source(s): dankity dank nigga

A Few.

Source(s): ....I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander. During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union. I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....

i just can't do it... it's just too mean to bash someone as ignorant as you. you are confirmation that stupid people just shouldn't be allowed to breed

Source(s): take your meds now, no worries, you'll wake up just as stupid as you are now
  • Mark