Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 9 years ago

How many non-stoners support legalizing marijuana?

I'm guessing zero. Know why? Because only a stoner would think a drug that causes lung cancer and brain damage, as well as being so addictive that everyone who has ever tried it still smokes it, should be legalized. I have never heard of anyone who didn't smoke weed that supported legalizing it, or a non-stoner who associated with the filthy junkies who do smoke it.

My Grandmother has never even smoked weed and wants it legalized. Even Abe Lincoln occasionally smoked hemp. You are also calling him a "Stoners" who freed slaves. It was legal before and made illegal because it was bankrupting a lumber company. And it’s not legalized yet because no members of the government believe that they can generate some effective tax revenue from it.

In 2007, Marijuana Laws Cost Government $42 Billion Annually. Now, the cost would have increased even more. CNN estimates that Colorado would gain an extra $17.6 million in tax revenue if marijuana were legalized today. Thus if it legalized it can help our government to generate good revenue from it.

• NONAME

Anyone whose not dumb enough to think it causes brain damage and is addictive and that the war on drugs was a success. Making something illegal doesn't make people stop using it. It just makes it very profitable for drug dealers.

It should be legalized at the federal level, since the constitution gives no power to congress to determine what people can consume. If anything it should be left to the states.

You know George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew acres of hemp. Hemp was used in many industrial things like clothing, ship sails, paper, and the constitution itself was written on hemp.

I support legalization and I do not smoke it myself.

I hate drugs. My family has been personally affected by drug abuse. I believe everything the National Institute of Health says about marijuana. I have not touched pot in over 30 years. And politically I am about as conservative as one can be without falling off the cliff.

Yet I believe marijuana should be legalized. The cost to taxpayers for enforcing marijuana laws unconscionable, with little to no benefit except to artificially raise prices (helping drug dealers) and keep a bunch of law enforcement personnel employed.

• You're wrong. There are reasons not to criminalize pot, and many non users support such a fight. I do. The most persuasive reason is simply the ineffectiveness of the current laws. If a law cannot be enforced, it is less than useless.

I do.

We may not own the earth, rather we hold it in trust for future generations.

But if there is one thing that is mine and mine alone

It is my body

And the government should keep it's filthy hands off

You know, it's whatever floats your boat. I think if you think you "need" it or whatever, fine by me, you're just killing yourself. Unless you don't use it as much as some people i know do, then you're fine, I guess. I'm no doctor.

Source(s): me, myself, and i <3
  • bob p

you are wrong. I do not smoke pot and I support it being legal. FAIL