Drinking food grade Hydrogen Peroxide? Aren't free radicals bad for your body?

Hey have you heard of people drinking food grade Hydrogen Peroxide? Supposedly the extra oxygen molecule releases in your body and Cancer and Viruses, Harmful bacteria, can't survive and the Oxygen is good for your body. However, I think the oxygen molecules are 'free radicals' so I am having a... show more Hey have you heard of people drinking food grade Hydrogen Peroxide? Supposedly the extra oxygen molecule releases in your body and Cancer and Viruses, Harmful bacteria, can't survive and the Oxygen is good for your body.

However, I think the oxygen molecules are 'free radicals' so I am having a difficult time understanding how people can be getting extra free radicals to fight disease, when I thought we took antioxidants to get rid of the free radicals because they were bad for us. Just wondering if you know anything about this?
Update: Edit: First of all, I believe there may be something to consuming small doses of 'food grade' hydrogen peroxide, however regardless of how anyone feels about consuming HP, my question is regarding how the body handles HP. Does it breakdown into 1 water molecule and 1 Oxygen atom? Does it create 'free... show more Edit: First of all, I believe there may be something to consuming small doses of 'food grade' hydrogen peroxide, however regardless of how anyone feels about consuming HP, my question is regarding how the body handles HP. Does it breakdown into 1 water molecule and 1 Oxygen atom? Does it create 'free radicals' in the body?

So I guess my question pertains to the breakdown of hp in the body and the relationship between that and free radicals, rather than 'Is hp safe to consume'?
0