sata 3 and sata 2 cables?

hi i just wanted to ask im building my own rig and apparently my HDD and SSD dont come with the cables for them. now both of them are sata 3 6Gb/s connectors and i KNOW sata 3 is backwards compatible with sata 2 but the speed wont be as high. now my Mobo comes with 2 sata 3 ports and 4 sata 2 ports. and it comes with 2 sata cables. now i want to know does the cable matter? im not sure if its a sata 2 or a sata 3 cable because it doesnt state. will that matter? or will it be ok so long as i connect my sata 3 HDD to my sata 3 port? thanks guys

Favorite Answer

I'm using normal SATA cables on my SATA 3 SSD and a Sata 3 hard drive, it's all working perfectly at SATA 3 speeds. They're definitely not special Sata 3 cables, I bought them about four years ago.

I won't assure it yet a cable is a cable so which you'll be waiting to apply a sata 2 cable for a sata 3 connection. If it would not artwork on the minimum velocity then get a sata 3 cable i think. in case you seem at this internet site it quite is a sata 2 cable able to a sata 3 connection velocity of 6 gbs