My toilet won't completely flush.?

When you press on the handle it fills up with water and nothing happens. it just fills itself and drains extremely slow. The siphon (Think thats what it is called) won't shoot the water or air or whatever it uses at the end of the flushing process.

Basically when you try to flush the toilet does the spinny thing but it the water doesn't lower and shoot out.

What can I do?

it is NOT clogged and I know it isnt, its just the actual FLUSH AWAY part that isnt doing anything

• MARK
    Favorite Answer

If the toilet's not clogged, it wouldn't be doing that. I'd get a plunger and plunge the toilet.

I agree with the person who said the vent stack might be clogged. If you live in a single story home, take your garden hose to the roof and shoot some h20 down the stack. It could be leaves, t.p. or something else clogging it. Or you could call a plumber.

Also, check the water level in the tank. If it doesn't fill to the line, adjust the ballcock valve.

as you say the toilet is not stopped up. if that truly is the case then the sewer pipe that the toilet empties into is.

what makes you think that the toilet isn't PARTLY blocked up.

something isn't allowing the water to drain as fast as it should, there is no magic forced air or anything like it.

once again tell me how you KNOW the toilet is blocked up.

the action that's occurring is ALWAYS related to some kind of a blockage, either the toilet or the sewer pipe is partially blocked up. you just don't know where.

• In my home the tub was stopped up a bit but my home might be older than yours. If the sink or tub isnt draining slow in your home Im am at a loss then. check the sink and tub as well.

• edward

You lateral to the street could be broken (actually not uncommon) or your vent stack is clogged with something.

If you are using any of that blue toilet bowl additive that is the problem.

Google ....blue toilet bowl cleaner.. And see why

complex situation. check out in a search engine. just that can assist!