What chemical do I use to neutralise acetone?

I use acetone based nail-polish remover to remove some paints from a plastic base. However, I've heard that even if you wash it off, acetone can still degrade / melt the plastic over time. What chemical (preferably a household one) can I use to neutralise the acetone so it doesn't continue its corrosive... show more I use acetone based nail-polish remover to remove some paints from a plastic base. However, I've heard that even if you wash it off, acetone can still degrade / melt the plastic over time. What chemical (preferably a household one) can I use to neutralise the acetone so it doesn't continue its corrosive process? I've searched online in vain.

Please provide a link to a reputable website, explain the molecular process or cite a reference book in your answer if possible- I *WILL NOT* follow any advice involving chemicals if I view it to be risky.