How can I get my dad to quit making gay jokes about me?

I've already posted on this site a couple times, and at the moment I am trying to figure out my sexual orientation, and as far as I can tell I am either a bi-sexual or a homosexual. The thing is since I am overly emotional and a kind of clingy, cuddly teddy bear, I on the occasion am prone to incessantly... show more I've already posted on this site a couple times, and at the moment I am trying to figure out my sexual orientation, and as far as I can tell I am either a bi-sexual or a homosexual. The thing is since I am overly emotional and a kind of clingy, cuddly teddy bear, I on the occasion am prone to incessantly hugging my male relatives and friends, there is NO attraction-based reason for my actions, I am simply a very loving and cuddly person. The thing is that although I first noticed I was attracted to other guys at 14, I shoved it into the back of my mind, because of how my dad responded, when I mentioned it. You're ALL gonna love this "WHAT, so you like *****, what are you some sort of ******? Ha-Ha!" yeah that's how he responded, ridicule and laughter. I LOVE my parents, but there are times I wish they would just shut the hell up. He is prone to making jokes about my weight, calling me a punk, and making jokes that are questioning if I'm gay or not. He MEANS it as a joke, but he is being an @$$hole. I can't talk to them about what I am going through, because I live in a loving home, with 2 Stoutly Christian Republican parents, and siblings, WHO share my political views i.e. Democrat or Liberal. I can't confide in my folks, because they firmly believe that homosexuality is a sin, and my dad MAY or MAY NOT have been joking, when he asked why fire hadn't incinerated San Francisco yet. I can't say anything to them about it, because I'm scared of how they will react. My older sister says that if I do end up finding out that I am in FACT gay, my parents will get over it and come to accept me for who I am, I'm not so sure. Me and my dad have an awful lot in common when it comes to personality, we're both Jokers, and we love to joke around with people, to either give them a good scare or get them laughing their heads off. We're also HUGE Sci-Fi, Classic Car, my favorite car is the Ford Model-A, and Fantasy Fans, we LOVE to watch shows like Doctor Who, Merlin, and Top Gear together. I wish I could get him to understand how, him saying that **** makes me feel. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get him to knock it off, because it has really started to put a strain on our relationships. I used to be a respectful kid, but after all these years of this ****, during the past year and a half, I've become much more prone to snapping at him and cussing him out, because he won't just shut the hell up. Does ANY body have any suggestions?
4 answers 4