I can't afford going to college?

I think they should just provide college at a really low cost for families that have low income. My parents wouldn't be able to pay for college every year. They probably earn 40,000 a year together even though my mom has a part time job and a full time and my dad just works full time. I know we aren't dirt... show more I think they should just provide college at a really low cost for families that have low income.
My parents wouldn't be able to pay for college every year. They probably earn 40,000 a year together even though my mom has a part time job and a full time and my dad just works full time. I know we aren't dirt poor, but compared to the people we know with good jobs, 20,000$ year income per person is not a lot.

If I were to go to an in state college it would be close to 30,000 per year and that's a lot. Financial aid could be an option, but I have no idea how I would pay that if I probably won't even have a good paying job until im 30.

I could find a scholarship, but I don't know of any that would be willing to pay that much every year. If I could get a scholarship that provides me with 1k, that would mean that I would have to apply for so many scholarships.

I really don't know what I'm going to do.
I never got good grades, but I always passed my classes.
I really want to get a doctors in psychology.