Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationCamping · 8 years ago

Is a KA-BAR the best survival knife?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • chris
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

no, it has a great reputation and get US military honors but with so many options and compitition out there "Best" is only an opinion.

• 8 years ago

If you type "survival knife" in the Yahoo! Answers search box at the top of the page, you can read more about an appropriate knife for the situations that you anticipate. Watch "You Tube" reviews of survival knives. There are many good models. The best cost more than $100, so the knife that is the "best" for you may be different from the "best" for others.

• 8 years ago

I would have to concur with the others, in that the Ka-Bar is a good all-around knife, but you could find knives better suited to a particular application, such as chopping; the Smatchet comes to mind. Realize that the Ka-Bar was primarily designed as a fighting knife first, utility knife second.

• 8 years ago

It's an outstanding knife, especially the latest one. Tan, hard, rubber grip. It will open and cut almost anything without breaking.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

It's a good all around knife, but other knives are better for specific situations.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes! I have recently bought one! I have used mine for just about everything from hammering in tent spikes to cutting branches to make fishing spears. They have stood the test of time and have been used in many wars and are still being used today.

• 8 years ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.