Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 8 years ago

What do you have to do to be a cop? specifically in the ST.Louis county of missouri?

Favorite Answer

Be a jock in high school, have a C average and don't score too high on the intelligence exam (a very high score will disqualify you).

Have good spelling & writing skills.

Source(s): ....I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander. During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union. I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....