Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Brizz asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 years ago

Why has Yahoo turned off the ability for users to comment on political articles?

Up until a few days ago people were allowed to post comments under articles that had to do with the elections or anything political. Now the whole comment section is gone.

It's because all of the comments were Ron Paul related. Media censorship needs to be stopped.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

does no one read the help under news to get info???

this is what yahoo posted about the comment section.

Commenting Temporarily DisabledDue to site maintenance, some Yahoo! webpages may have comments and other social features temporarily disabled. We appreciate your patience while we restore these features.

• 9 years ago

because the amount of retardedness in the article comments section was reaching critical mass. If we hadn't had an emergency shutdown, the yahoo website would have collapsed in on itself under the pressure of so much stupid and become a vortex from which no intelligent thought can escape.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Your right i just went there and could not comment on anything, however if you would like a place to go , check in to this Yahoo! Message Boards Politics > America's becoming a Fascist state

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

i'm uncertain this is the case for all of them. inspite of the incontrovertible fact that, the intelligence (or lack thereof) of the comments might have led to Yahoo to no longer enable comments. I advise, human beings can in trouble-free terms call President Obama a porch monkey lots of circumstances previously it wears a splash skinny.

• 9 years ago

"Our" government is trying to censor the internet right now at the behest of Jewish media bosses.

• 9 years ago

cos it is only a game real opinion means nowt

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.