In the UK what is the cheapest and best printer for PC with inexpensive ink cartridges please.?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • DATA
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

I use an Epson Stylus SX210 series all in one printer myself. Uses 4 different cartridges, black, red, blue, yellow. When one runs out you only need to replace the colour that goes at the time. Or you can get the multi-packs of ink as well. TIP: DO NOT BUY the branded (Epson) Ink as they are more expensive. I always get the supermarkets own version of exactly the same cartridges. Seem to last quite a long time too (depending on how much printing yot do of course). I don't have any experience of Kodak so can't comment on those!

• Bill S
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

If you are about to buy a printer then Kodak are about the cheapest cartridges on the market. The second way is to but a printer that allows you to put refillable cartridges into them. This is not the same as refilling empty cartridges, but is a replacement cartridge which you can fill up from bottles. This is by far the cheapest method but if you do not want to do this then go for the Kodak. There are several on the market dependent on what features you want.

Hope this helps.

• 8 years ago

Kodak has some printers with really cheap ink cartridges, but unfortunately, these ink cartridges run out really fast too. Without really looking into the amount of ink in each cartridge, it's hard to say which ones are cheap and which ones aren't.

You could always try using an inkjet refill to save money, though. It's worth trying once, at least. If you hate it or it doesn't work for you, then don't use it again.

• 8 years ago

Firstly do you want colour? If not go with a laser printer something like a Samsung ml1660 - small easy to use and although a cartridge may cost £40 they last for 1500 pages + in economy mode so that is my advice.

If you want colour.. Maybe Kodak - but I would recommend you print all photos through snapfish.com as it will cost you 3p a photo and you wont get a printer to do it for that cheap :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

the only situation with ordering on line is there is not any assure they are going to paintings. what style of printer are u utilising? in the experience that your in simple terms utilising an ink jet printer i could evaluate upgrading to a laser printer. particular they are greater costly cartridges yet rather of in trouble-free terms getting some hundred prints from one cartridge u can get some thousand prints. it is likewise possible to purchase properly suited cartridges for those that at the instant are not lots greater costly then getting kind new ink jet cartridges. you additionally can do different issues to save ink, in simple terms swap to "draft mode" while ur in simple terms printing stuff your throwing out later, or getting photos revealed out at your interior of reach shops (10c each as adversarial to $3-4 each). good luck xx

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.