Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 years ago

Is it weird for a 17 year old girl to date a 14 year old guy?

I'm a Senior and he's a freshmen, but I'm "technically" supposed to be a Junior since I skipped first grade and I think he might be turning 15 soon so that's not too bad..that'd be like two years. Because I literally just turned 17 a few days ago.

I really, reallly wish this guy wasn't a Freshman :/ I thought he was so much older! He's tall, and stocky, powerfully built and there's just something about him I love! We're on the wrestling team together (yes i wrestle and i'm a girl!) and before school started i met him at this camp where we learned how to do all the moves and he was my partner almost everytime since he's been wrestling for awhile.

The only time I've seen him outside of wrestling was at the homecoming dance where we grinded but that was just for fun and i didn't really know him then, i just knew him as my partner in wrestling. But now that I do know him I like him! We don't talk much anymore and I'm not sure why..like I never had his number or anything, but I have no idea how I would ever ask him to hang out because I feel like it would seem weird..it wouldn't to me but everyone else would judge us I bet.

I was thinking maybe I could start aksing him to be my partner again and go from there..i don't know..should i even bother? I don't think age should matter, but thats just me. thanks! :)

In black and white it is weird. People will think you are weird. Being at different stages in your life, different ages, people will judge you for going out with a fourteen year old.

But they don't know you, or how you feel about each other, and so long as he feels the same way and you're not a heinous bad influence on him what can they really say about it? I say go for it, just be prepared for the cougar comments.

In highschool, it doesn't matter much. Unless it matters to YOU. sure, people may say "ewww you're dating a freshman?!" but if you like him that much then it should be fine. He would probably love to date an older girl,,,, thats just me... pleasee answer my question http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgYnB...

to the answer above, its not illegal unless theres sex!

To me two years is not really a big deal but three that's kinda weird

Why not find someone your own age?? and I hate to say it but that is a little weird... >.<

No, but it may be illegal in your state