How to become a Junior Fire Fighter?

I want to go join my Community's Volunteer station. I'm 14, They have a Junior firefighter program. I have mild asthma is the only thing. What all do i need to do to apply. Also what all can i do if i can join (Since i will only be a junior firefighter) Thanks for the help.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) Junior firefighter programs give young people the chance to learn about local fire, rescue, and emergency medical services response organizations in a safe, controlled, educational, and fun way while providing departments with an excellent recruitment mechanism. Young people can use the National Junior Firefighter Program to find a local program, learn what it means to be a junior firefighter, and log their hours of service to receive special recognition and incentives as they reach certain milestones.

The Junior firefighter program is a very positive way for young people to spend their time, while preparing them for the fire service. If your interested in becoming a Junior Firefighter click the link below or go online to: http://nvfc.org/page/1030/Search_for_a_Program.htm

To learn more about the National Junior Firefighter Program, utilize the online resources, or register your existing program, visit www.nvfc.org/juniors . Questions can be sent to juniors@nvfc.org or call 1-888-ASK-NVFC (275-6832)

Resources available at www.nvfc.org/juniors

EXAMPLES of JUNIOR FIREFIGHTER PROGRAMS: California

Los Angeles County Fire Department Los Angeles, CA

Contact Info: (323) 881-2411 info@lacofd.org

Web Address: fire.lacounty.gov/Programs Events/YouthFireExplorer

Description: The Los Angeles County Fire Department Explorer Program is divided into 21 Explorer posts. Each post is centrally located enabling membership to reflect the community. Post size is limited to 25 Explorers led by an Explorer Post Advisor who is a Professional Firefighter. If you meet entrance requirements, you will qualify for a 12 day training academy held on 6 consecutive weekends. Upon graduation, you will be qualified for various activities.

Hamilton City Fire Protection District Hamilton City, CA 95951

Capt. Rene Irick: (530) 826-3355 hcfd@sbcglobal.net

Description: Junior Cadets 6 thru 12 / Cadets 12 thru 15 /

Senior Cadets 15 thru 18. Junior Cadets require an adult family member in the Department. Fire training includes live burns, no active wild fire. CPR, first Aid, First Responder & EMT. Basic & Advanced training available. 24 hr station tours after 15 yrs of age, 1 Mentor per Cadet.

START YOUR CAREER SEARCH NOW AT FIRE CAREER ASSISTANCE

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.