So Satanism, Satanists is a religion for hardcore atheists then?

I was just watching a documentary on the Church of Satan, Satanism, Satanic Bible, etc and they said how Satanists deny all things supernatural and do not believe in mystical powers or the Devil at all. In other words they are not reverse christians or anything. The deny all things spiritual and the occult.

They are all about the Real world, the carnal physical Material world, the here and now as there is no after life. As they said heaven and Hell exist only here as our life is up to us to make a heaven or hell out of it. And Satanism helps you do that by being the best that you can be so you have a great life.

So why do some people say Satanists are evil when they are atheists who believe in morals and the law and have nothing to do with christianity at all? I mean really why?

Update:

oh brother Satanists are atheists if you do not know what you are talking about please do not leave an answer

Update 2:

again please if you have no clue what atheism and satanism is do not waste our time with an answer

Update 3:

satan lord: see people should read your answer and LEARN something

Update 4:

frostman: You are correct and sadly many atheists answering are showing they are no different from christians

Update 5:

shocking some NOT all atheists answering are sounding and thinking like christians and not atheists that is a good point thank you

Update 6:

oh well those who argued with me at first must feel stupid now

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

exactly here are the real facts:

all satanists are atheists I should know, if they believe in the christian god satan they would be christians not satanists. read the satanic bible or go to churchofsatan.com

as Satanists we embrace life and reality. we are atheists who embrace the carnal world instead of a fantasy world of myths and supernatural spiritual occult non-sense. There are NO gods, devils, demons, angels, heaven, hell, etc only the here and now. we are our own gods and devils we make life a heaven or hell

Satan is a word that originally meant the adversary, the opposer, the accuser and the one to question and we are that toward all spiritual faiths and herd mentality. Satan also traditionally is the independent strong one who was his own god and believed in carnality and the flesh and pride, etc and in a persons desires and that is what we believe. satan NEVER meant evil until christianity changed it like they did so many things. we also believe in following the law and protecting kids and animals and life

As Satanists we are SATAN as we are the adversarys, opposers, accusers and one to question blind faith and anything that says that our human feelings and natures and instincts are wrong and sinful. Satanism is more of a down to earth life philosophy than a religion and not occult at all

we are self reliant and do not need an invisible crutch to bow too like people who bow to a god or devil do we believe in ourselves instead

Anton Lavey studied religion occultism and saw that they are a con game that had nothing to do with the reality of the universe we all live in and decided that it was high time that there existed a codified religious philosophy that was based on the way things really are

again anyone who bows to the christian god satan is a christian as they follow a christian god and their beliefs and they are christians NOT Satanists. that is why it is called the SATANIC BIBLE which is based on a philosophy for atheists

There was never a religion or any other type of Satanism codified until 1966 when Anton LaVey did it. there were only false accusations in history made by the christian church but there was never a real Satanic religion before LaVey

Both jesus and Satan are symbols not real beings.. jesus is a symbol of weakness, death, sacrifice, hate, self sacrifice, etc

Satan is a symbol of the strong, individuals, Life, Love, etc

We are all animals living in a cosmos that comes from nature, belongs to nature, shall return to nature. There is no god above us or below us

edit- sadly some of these atheists answering seem to think more like Christians and not Atheists

Source(s): Agent Church of Satan
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Theistic Satanism does exist, but yeah, generally Satanists are of the variety you discuss.

People say Satanists are evil because "Satan" is in the name, lol.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Ignorance. People like to argue about things that they don't know anything about, or what they think they know based on someone else's skewed opinion.

Case in point, some answers here are reflecting that. Anton LaVey did not believe Satan existed. He was a organ player in a Christian church and chose the symbol of Satan because it represented self-indulgence and self-gratification, the opposite of what Jesus represented.

• 8 years ago

Do not be closed minded yourself and know what you are talking about.

If you were over 30, you would know that years ago, Satanism meant the worship of the devil and people who followed it were usually called witches. The so called Church of Satan was not know and was not as popular as it is today. Therefore, all of those whose answers you are scoffing at are also correct. The people in the Church of Satan are not the only Satanists there are.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

There are two primary types of satanism. LeVeyan, which you have described and Lucifarian. Lucifarians worship satan as zealously as christians worship christ. maybe more so since forgiveness for screw ups is not tolerated.

I believe this is where you are getting your mixed responses.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No it is not for hardcore atheist. Why would an atheist who has a complete disbelief of God(s) suddenly convert and become a theist again or Satanist?

Satanism is just as much as a religion as Christianity and any other religion.

• Mr E
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

karl marx, the infamous author of the communist manifesto, and quoted as saying, "religion is the opiate of the masses, was also a hypocrite. he was not an atheist, but a satanist, as is proven in a poem he wrote, called "the player". "see this sword? the prince of darkness sold it to me", as well as the revealing confession, "i wish to avenge myself against the One who rules above".

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

false. satan is a part of judeo-christian mythology, which atheists reject along with all other supernatural nonsense. it is not possible to be an atheist and a satanist at the same time.

• angela
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Okay, I'll use the smallest words I can so maybe you'll finally understand: "theist" = believes in and worships a deity, i.e., god (including "satan"); "Atheist" = believes in and worships NOTHING. Got it now, goober?

• 8 years ago

Satanists actually believe God exists.

Athirst don't believe at all, much less Satan or being part of any religion.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.