Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 8 years ago

Why do guys hate John Mayer?

Leaving aside that he's my platonic love forever lol..

John Mayer is such a talented song writer, he plays the guitar like one the best, he's got a sexy voice, his lyrics are so beautiful, they talk about real things(gravity,stop this train...) Some guys say he's always crying but he's just a sensitive man that tells his stories and is not afraid of letting people know how a man really feels a lot of times. I think a lot of the guys who say they hate him is because they either are jealous of him or are a shamed to say they actually like him..am I right?

Oh and I love and respect Jimi Hendrix and I still like the original better but I find it ridiculous that guys also deny that his "bold as love" version is so good.

Favorite Answer

A lot of guys don't hate John Mayer. I don't think it's a gender thing.

It's more how media shows him to be.

He really isn't bad. In fact he's amazing. He has dated a lot of women but so have most guys, the only thing is he's isn't private. He hasn't really cheated on any of his exes. When the relationship doesn't work out he doesn't waste time and just breaks it off. I think that is the realest anyone could get.

Music wise he is amazing!! Most of his songs are just about life and reality. They're so real.

But I guess media is more into 'Lady Gaga', 'Rihanna' and all, which I think all promote sex and I do not call their music real.

John Mayer also has done lots of charity work and still is doing it. But I guess at the end of the day people are gonna go with what media says and be ignorant to actually look into things and listen to this man's beautiful music. He's the most talented person to me.

Ps. as he is seen as 'bad', some guys might say they hate him to show that they're not like him.

Another Ps. Some one answered that he has a lot of girly songs. If you listen to all his music like I have, you will realise that most of his songs are just about life in general and has very few about love and girls.

• OU812

I don't "hate" John Mayer. But it's like this, the guy thinks he is a guitar god, but in reality the only reason he is famous is because he writes a lot of little wussy girly songs. Yeah I'm sure you and many other girls eat that up and it's fine. Yes John is a very good guitarist, but the world is full of those. He needs to realize his fame comes from teenage girls buying his records, not real musicians. Guys like Jonny Lang can play circles around him. Mayer is little more than an older Justin Bieber with some guitar skills in my book.

• Devin

I don't get it. It's about the music, I don't care what he thinks of himself. Out of all the stuff on the billboard 200, his music has so much subsistence. Even daughters is an interesting piece on the guitar. He really is a lot better than what people think. That's just my opinion.

He makes Cracklin' Oat Bran seem exciting by comparison. He could've been a talented blues guitarist but pussied out and became a corporate shill. And he's a classless, immature douche of a human being.

Angry Penguin, it's not like I ever denied being one myself.

im a girl and i hate john mayer

Maybe I'd like him if I could stay awake while listening to him.

Guys don't see looks we see that he is a douch bag fake

• He's a douchebag. And I really don't like his music.