Why do guys hate John Mayer?

Leaving aside that he's my platonic love forever lol.. John Mayer is such a talented song writer, he plays the guitar like one the best, he's got a sexy voice, his lyrics are so beautiful, they talk about real things(gravity,stop this train...) Some guys say he's always crying but he's just a... show more Leaving aside that he's my platonic love forever lol..
John Mayer is such a talented song writer, he plays the guitar like one the best, he's got a sexy voice, his lyrics are so beautiful, they talk about real things(gravity,stop this train...) Some guys say he's always crying but he's just a sensitive man that tells his stories and is not afraid of letting people know how a man really feels a lot of times. I think a lot of the guys who say they hate him is because they either are jealous of him or are a shamed to say they actually like him..am I right?
Oh and I love and respect Jimi Hendrix and I still like the original better but I find it ridiculous that guys also deny that his "bold as love" version is so good.