Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why would anyone be bothered by a Company pulling its Ads,based on requests from their customers? (Lowes)?

Lowes had Ads ready to run on the Propaganda "Reality Show" All-American Muslim.They received complaints and decided to follow a smart path,by pulling the Ads and removing themselves from the controversy.Seems a rational move,and I sure don't remember libs losing their minds when advertisers for others were targeted,like Glenn Beck advertisers for example.

But all of a sudden,when it is Pro-Islam Propaganda Programming losing advertisers,it's a problem?

Should we go a step further perhaps,and demand certain companies advertise on programs if Liberals decide it is good programming.Perhaps Coca-Cola should be required to advertise on programs raising AIDS awareness,or talking about obesity.Perhaps EXXON should be required to sponsor programs about what evil polluters they are.

• Jen N
    Favorite Answer

It is of course their right to pull their advertising from any show. And they made the fanatic bible thumpers happy, but at the same time they alienated whole other groups of customers. Like people who believe that most American Muslims are just normal people living normal lives practicing their religion like any other. Or people who believe tolerance and acceptance is tantamount to living peacefully with ones neighbors. Or people who believe diversity is what makes America great.

Lets be honest here there are (as of 2008) 1,522,813,123 Muslims in this world. If they all were bent on terrorism and hate we would be in a whole lot more trouble than we are now. Religious freedom is a wonderful thing, it is what attracts many to our country. Many Muslims who leave their homeland do so because they don't agree with how things are run by the Clerics and wish to live a peaceful life in a place that freedom is paramount, American is that place. Just as Lowe's is free to choose who they sponsor I am free to choose where I shop.

Probably because they're probably NOT their customers. A similar group did the same thing to the Jaguar company when they placed ads in gay magazines. Jag pulled the ads, then realized that a bunch of slack-jawed knuckle draggers don't buy their 100k dollar cars.

How much you wanna bet the people who drug LOWES through the mud for their ads get all their house chores done by illegals.

That's not the issue. The issue is that Lowes, due to a tiny bit of pressure from one bigoted organization (Florida Family Association), granted legitimacy to their position (Lots of Muslims are evil) by caving.

This will hurt Lowes.

• RS

Media is making this a big deal. I am pretty sure Home Depot is happy. People have nothing better to do since we are dooming down in a recession.

• John G

You mean like the tobacco companies advertising their risks?

I'm not!! I think nobody should advertise any programs dealing with Islam

I cannot believe how racist people on this website are. I do not believe all conservatives are bigots like you, but from what I've seen, I am ashamed to be an american.

I agree with you. It seems to me that the system is working when a company reacts to the wishes of its customers. I fail to see a problem here.

Another example of the disease of liberalism.

Good for LOWE'S, Top notch company

Source(s): ^