Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 9 years ago

can we google a melody?

i have a piece of music but i know nothing about its name or the composer's. is there a way to load it on google and find its name? -- or any other way other than google would also do.. thanks.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you've a desktop/laptop computer and speakers and mics; and if your browser supports it, you can play it on Google Audio Search/ Player. Then Google will scan its whole audio web directory and if it can match your piece of music with any of its content, then it'll show you the requisite results. Preferably use google Chrome for a better experience of Google Audio Player. Please sear YouTube; you might find some useful videos. Thanks. You can also use Windows Media Player with Internet Explorer. Many smartphones esp., touchscreens have this inbuilt feature of relocating a melody, music or song after you play it on their microphones. And they too use GPRS/EDGE OR 3G connections. P.S.- If you've piece of the lyrics then you can simply type it and perform a google search.

Source(s): Neither do I've a computer or a smartphone nor am I promoting any of the © and ® names of the Incor porations I've mentioned.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.