Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How Long Will My Bf Be In Jail ? Harris County ,TX?

My bf is 19, he was charged with assault of a family member back in June. He was bailed out of jail and was supposed to attend court afterward and have probation. He had no transportation , so he missed two court dates. He totally forgot about the whole thing. A week ago we were pulled over for no insurance . He was incarcerated and our vehicle was towed ,because I'm 17 they wouldn't let me take it home :/ . So, he sits in jail charged with assault of a family member and they have photos of the victims bruises and scratches. And a statement from the police, not the victim, that the victim was choked and dragged. It's just a misdemeanor so i don't think he'll be in that long. But i don't know. Help ? & for the record my bf is not a bad guy, he just made a mistake and actually wants to due his time to get all this off his chest And never have to worry about it again. SO NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS,PLEASE Ughh im already stressing enough. Im 17,5months pregnant and the man who literally does EVERYTHING for me & my pregnant self is in jail So TRY to put yourself in my shoes. thanks anyone who helps (:

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You may want to check the charging document, a charge of battery with strangling is usually charged as a Felony, but even if it is a misdemeanor it is punishable for up to a 1,000 dollar fine and one year in jail. That is the Max but with the FTA for two hearings he may well get the MAX.

Source(s): O
  • 9 years ago

Call the court. You've posted this nonsense many times, and you're a guy pretending to be a girl. What's up?

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

30 days

Source(s): ....I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander. During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union. I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....
  • 9 years ago

He assaulted YOU (refer to previous post)

and, yet you were stupid enough to stay with him & get pregnant with him

then, he was sooooooooooooo responsible about all this (and such a changed man) that he BLEW OFF GOING TO COURT

I can only imagine what your questions are going to be when your baby is a month old & he has chocked you again, causing the baby to fall from your arms & sustain a serious head injury............

oh gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

when he goes to court the judge will sentence him for assault and he may get out for time served.

He needs an attorney, and can get one for free, since he can not represent himself in this case, or at least he can not do a good job.

• 9 years ago

He's a loser, he's not a nice guy.

You can make all the excuses for him you want, but it doesn't change the fact he's a loser.

• 9 years ago

SAY NO TO VIOLENCES

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.