Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 years ago

who do you support the 99% movement or wall street?

Favorite Answer

I support Occupy Wall Street because I support the progress of civilization. Being against the bankers is nothing new. The founding fathers warned us of bankers' greed taking over the country, and their vision of America was one much different from what America has become, in part because we didn't heed their warnings.

When I went to Occupy Wall Street, I helped unpack donations that had been sent in the mail, and this is far from a movement that's only supported by college kids who can't get jobs. We got letters and knitted scarves from 60 year old grandmothers saying they'd been waiting all their lives to see Americans rise up to take our country back from the bankers. Honestly, I'm quite astounded that anyone is against this movement, and I can only conclude that the people who are against it either haven't looked into it much beyond what the mainstream media has told them, or are incapable of thinking for themselves. If you consider how audacious it is that we have a government in which rich bankers are hardly ever held accountable for their actions, in which bribing lawmakers to pass the laws you want is legal as long as you call it "lobying," in which these bankers did just that to eliminate regulation so that they could make huge profits while recking the economy such that it's nearly impossible for most people to find work nowadays, and then bailed themselves out with our tax payer money, and they STILL expect us to pay off our "debts" to them - it's just unfathomable to me that any thinking person could support the bankers and not Occupy Wall Street. Quite frankly, this is a revolt that should have taken place a long time ago, and the things the bankers have gotten away with are just so ludicrous, one can only conclude that a person would have to be a severely brainwashed puppet not to support American citizens rising up to take our country back.

@ Requisite: You're obviously very ignorant about this movement, as it's supported by people from all walks of life, not just "Sumerian poetry majors." I've seen people well into their 40s and grandparents at the movement. Parents have brought their children there to teach them to protest government oppression. My boss, the owner of a small financial firm, went to the movement to show his support, as did a good friend of his, a real estate investor who owns several buildings in New York. This movement is attracting people from all walks of life because that's what America is about. I myself majored in Computer Science, something which isn't "useless" at all, and I've had trouble finding work in this economy, as have Physics and Photography majors I know. You're obviously a very small-minded, one-sided person, to have made the statement you made.

• mensch

i'm no longer a Republican yet i decide to place my 2 cents in. I help the two the unique Tea occasion earlier the neocons took over. I additionally help this rally spoke of as Occupy Wall highway. they do no longer seem to be as diverse as you think of. of direction i'm talking on the subject of the unique Tea occasion began by way of Ron Paul.

• Tardis

I support capitalism. That means I support the top 1%. That's the thing about capitalism, the the greedy, up-tight, rich make it over the poor. If I were in the top 1%, I would be very happy with my life. And even though I'm not, I still see it as [semi] fair game. We would all like to be in top 1%, right?

IDK I have a job, and I always have a job, because I spent my life making sure I was qualified to get a job, regardless of what was happening on Wall Street.

So, who should I support? Some guy in a suit who just ripped off a bunch of people? A political system that enforces him to do such things? Or some kid with a 6-year degree in ancient Sumerian poetry, wondering why he can't get a $75,000 a year job?

• R T

The flea baggers haven't done much other than act rude and whine. The people they were trying to block at least had productive jobs. Obama is so in bed with Wall Street they should have been protesting him.

Source(s): ///

This is merely another symptom of cultural collapse, along with basic jobs taken over by immigrants, national defense turned over to mercenaries, rejection of the dominant religion, debunking of national heroes and slobs admired instead, and other things. All cultures eventually collapse, all for the same reasons and in the same general way. Here are summaries and explanations of every collapse in history:

http://comingdarkage.blogspot.com/

Give me 5 reasons why I should support wall street.

In Capitalist America, bank robs you. LOL

Wall Street. Those idiots protesting are going to wreck our economy trying to forgive all debts. Tards

Neither fully!

There are logics I agree & disagree with both ends.