Anonymous

Would taking AP Economics and AP Statistics in Senior high school year help you get a Masters in Economics?

I plan on taking these to go to a college for Masters in Economics, are they going to make it easier, or its still going to be tough, and do i have to get a bachelors before a masters?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Any graduate school that is accredited would require a bachelors degree. However, if you pass the AP exams at the end of the year they can count towards your bachelors degree and you wouldn't have to take the classes over in college, so long as the class the AP exam would be credited for is part of your degree program.

So yes, in a way it would help you to get a master's, in that you would have less undergraduate classes you'd have to take and could get into a master's program a little faster and with a little less debt!

• filson
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

in case you'll minor in agency, do not take economics. you gained't favor to position out of it in college. A extreme college economics class does no longer equivalent a school economics class, in spite of if the AP attempt says it does. if you're not any further functional about the minor, i'd nevertheless advise that you're taking info. it truly is compared to a classic math class, and it would want to nicely be very functional.

• 9 years ago

I've learned that AP was a waste of time. If possible, take Dual Credit if your school offers it. If you want to master in economics, then you're just going to have to deal with it. It might be easier if you take it at a community college, but if that's what you're mastering in, then I would suggest you to take it at your college.

Source(s): McCombs student.
  • Frank
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Bachelor's before master's.

Take Econ and Stats. If you don't do well in them, you should seriously rethink pursuing Econ as a field. International relations is not heavy in math, but Econ is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.