hagmegsis asked in PetsCats · 9 years ago

cat nom nom noms when I pet him?

If i scratch my cats back in certain places his mouth moves like he is chewing or talking. Kinda a nom nom nom movement. I think it's funny looking but her never use to do it before. I don't see any thing on his skin that would bother him and he had a bath not to long ago it wasn't super recent but it wasn't for ever ago either. he keeps him self very clean he is actually bathing right now lol. Any ideas why he chews the air when I scratch his back. It's only his back by the way no where else.

you probably found that spot on his back that really likes to be scratched. If he seems to not like it or seems mad with you for touching him there, then stop. Otherwise hes fine.

Source(s): experience

He's just enjoying being petted. My cats and kittens do that ALL the time.

Source(s): Experience

You're probably touching on some nerve endings that are causing him to do that.......if he's not upset, don't worry about it. If he seems to NOT like it........quit!

Good luck........

Source(s): 50+yrs cats ( 11 indoor, spayed & neutered ) / "issues"

lol