Brad
Brad asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

Since the Knick released Billups under the amnesty clause, do you think he would be a good fit with the Lakers?

• Jesse
    Favorite Answer

I think he would be a good fit. Brown's offense likely needs a strong point guard, and since the thought of Paul on the team made everyone cry, he would be a nice addition. I still say they should make a play for Williams, but that's just me thinking out loud.

No, he wouldn't be a good fit for the Lakers. The Lakers are still one of the top teams in the league, but they are also one of the oldest teams in the league. Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher are getting up there in age. The last thing the Lakers need is another aging point guard. And honestly I'd really hate to see Billups join the same team he helped beat in the 2004 NBA Finals when he was still a member of the Detroit Pistons.

Source(s): Me, a Chauncey Billups fan and a Detroit Pistons fan.

well if they get howard they can sign him hes a proven leader and much better then fisher and is a clutch player so i think the lakers might think about signing him but then they would haf to trade blake in a deal with howard lakers will end up with 3 point guards.

Well, now, yes since the Lakers are out of the Chris Paul race.

Source(s): DaRealPistonFan

No. But it might work if he plays well. Him and Derek fisher are similar players. Bryant is getting older and might decline soon. Gasol Is not young. They should keep fisher, and look to maybe get younger at the point.

• ?

Not a great fit since they are already old, but he would definitely be an upgrade over Derek Fisher.