What are some good Korean/Japanese dramas to watch?

I just recently finished watching Boys over Flowers (Korean) and I absolutely LOVED IT!

So I'm wondering if there are any other great Korean dramas to watch that are similar in genre or idea. I'll probably try watching Hana Yori Dango since I already know the basic plot line, but I would love any recommendations and see what other people love.

Favorite Answer

PLEASE watch Secret Garden! it's one of the best dramas ever.

You're beautiful- really funny

Heartstrings

Protect the boss

coffee prince

my girlfriend is a gumiho

Personal taste- if you liked Junpyo from BOF he's in there

City hunter- Junpyo is in this drama too and he looks SO hot.

Lie to me- really funny

k-dramas:

-Protect the Boss (My favorite drama of 2011! Noh Eunseol lands a job as the secretary of the spoiled Cha Ji Heon.)

-Can you Hear my Heart? (Bong Woori pretends to be stupid for her dumb father and Cha Dong Joo pretends to be able to hear to inherit his mom's company. The two fall in love.)

-Flower Boy Ramyun Shop (Yang Eunbi takes over her father's ramyun shop with a few other guys, two of which are in love with her.)

-Dream High (Six teens try to achieve their dream of becoming singers at Kirin Art School.)

j-dramas:

-One Liter of Tears (Aya is diagnosed with a rare disease that makes her unable to eat, walk, or speak. The disease ends up affecting her family, friends, and her classmate, Haruto.)

-Nodame Cantabile (Nodame is a messy pianist that is instantly attracted to Chiaki, a talented and handsome pianist at her university. With the help of each other, they start to face their fears and move farther into the world of classical music.)

-Ikemen Desu Ne (The Japanese adaptation of You're Beautiful. I personally like this version better. It's about a girl named Miko that joins a male idol group in place of twin brother because he is affected with an eye injury. She ends up falling in love with one of the members, Ren.)

• Tim H

-Fullhouse (my favorite, really cute drama, starring song hye kyo and rain, a must-watch)

-one percent of anything (a nice romcom…didn’t like ending though)

-coffee prince (about a girl pretending to be guy…great drama by yoon eun hye)

-shining inheritance (love the storyline and good morals in the story)

-personal taste (a must watch for fans of lee min ho)

-my girl (really funny and romantic....starring lee dae hae, a must-watch)

-secret garden (love hyun bin in this drama, great storyline and suspenseful plot, a must-watch)

-my girlfriend is a nine tail fox (a mystical romantic story, really good, a must-watch)

-prosecutor princess (has great storyline and open you to the world of law)

-fantasy couple (really funny, a good watch)

-wonderful life (another favorite, really meaningful and heartwarming storyline)

-goong (a great historical romcom, yoon eun hye is really good here, the guy actors are good looking)

-9 end 2 out (not bad, got bored in the middle of the drama)

-delightful girl choon-hyung (really funny, great chemistry, a must-watch)

-spring waltz (love the background music, a slow but beautiful drama, has happy ending)

-dream high (great drama with dancing and singing, actor and actress from IU, 2pm, Miss A, T-ara)

-boys before flowers (a very popular drama, good looking actors, a must-watch)

-take care of the young lady (a good storyline but lacking in chemistry between main actor and actress)

-you are beautiful (another very popular drama, good looking actors)

-that fool (really funny and romantic)

-witch yoo hee (funny and a good romcom)

-I am sam (an interesting storyline about girl liking her teacher)

-playful kiss (another popular drama, rendition of Japanese manga, starring kim hyun joong)

-smile, you (a great romantic comedy of the family)

-heartstrings (really good…starring jung yong hwa and park shin hye…love the music and touching moments)

-city hunter (great plot and with good action and romance…starring lee min ho)

-49 days (fantasy and romance…suspenseful plot…similar to secret garden)

-lie to me (funny…starring yoon eun hye…good storyline and quite interesting, aboutu misunderstandings)

Korean movie:

200 pounds beauty (love this movie! )

A millionaire’s first love (great touching story!)

My sassy girl (very funny and romantic)

Hello schoolgirl (great movie!)

Someone special (great plot and cute chemistry)

Baby and me (very funny…a great storyline)

Do re mi fa so la ti do (love the story…a bit sad…but very romantic and touching)

Project makeover (my favorite movie….very touching and inspirational…very cute)

Shotgun love

Finding Mr. Destiny