? asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

Puppy training without crate.?

my puppy is 6 months and is horrified of crates she has a meltdown everytime she is in one. I got her from a bad shelter where she was alone in a crate her whole life. She is pad trained but I need to outdoor train her she goes out but is bad about letting you know when. How can I work on this?

Its an all wire one.

She is afraid of all crates she cries and howls and gets diarrhea as soon as she is out she is fine and her stomach goes back to normal. its like an anxiety attaack.

I have an all wire one but any and all crates she is terrified of even playpens I have tried she barks and screeches and howls and get an upset stomach everywhere. I was thinking of bell training her?

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://bitly.im/aMJAW

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

I've just trained my 8 week old puppy to go outside to eliminate.

It's suprisingly easy you just need persistance, and time.

Every hour-2 hours take your puppy outside and say 'go potty' or whatever you would like to say to teach her to eliminate. When she does, praise her either with a loving pet or a treat that she loves and say 'good girl' in a happy tone.

If she makes a mistake in doors, well that happens! Make sure as soon as she does it you say 'no' in a strong voice. If you find it 10 minutes after shes done it, do not scold her as puppys can't link their actions from 10 minutes ago, even 1 minute ago! lol.

Just keep at it, don't give up! Give your pup the loving she deserves as she sounds sad, teach her home is where the heart is and you'll have the perfect pup in no time!!

Source(s): Puppy Training my Black Male Labrador, Toby (8 weeks)

Is she big? You can try using an open play pen instead of a crate. Take her out after every meal, after a walk, and maybe every two hours. Praise her when she goes, and don't yell at her if she goes inside. Just clean it up well.

Take her out every hour, after walks, naps, eating-time, etc. Take her outside and tell her "Go toilet!" if she goes out on the grass and does what you want, give her praise and a small treat.

Usually when dogs have the right idea of where to dump their business, they will sit at the door and perhaps bark a bit to get your attention.

Source(s): Own a dog.

that's how my old dog coda was he would cry and howl every time we put him in a crate. to get them to tell u when they have to go out it will take some time my dog just started letting us know but i would watch him and if it looks like she has to go then say something to her like "do you need to go out" or "got to go outside" something like that then take them out and when she goes give her a treat and just keep doing that. that's how i trained my dog. hope this helps :)

what kind of crate do you have i know that my dogs hate plastic crates wired crates arebetter because the dog can see