Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMusic & Music Players · 9 years ago

HELP MY IPOD SCREEN IS BROKEN AND IT GOT WET!!!?

my ipod screen had already been severely cracked but the touch screen used to work despite the shattered look. today i dropped it in water and imediately pulled it out and used a blow dryer on it. theres a small piece of my screen missing and now the touch screen wont respond AT ALL!!! ive reset it already many many times. it will charge but when i turn it on it wont let me inlock it or anything. is there any way i can fix this? does it just need a new screen? please help me what do i do?!?!?

Favorite Answer

You need to try Silica Gel Packets. There was a good article on associatedcontent.com that explains how to dry an iPod, MP3 player, cell phones, or any electronics. You need to place your iPod in a zip lock bag with Silica Gel Packets. Silica Gel will remove all the moisture from the phone and its components, something air drying will not do!

Just Google "Silica Gel Packets" and you will find several companies selling these products. There is also a web site called: http://www.silicagelpackets.com/ that has them.

Since it got wet, there is no way it can be fixed :( I am soooo sorry </3 :(

Get it to an apple store and they will fix it for you (but for a fee!)