suing a restaurant for food poisoning?

i tried looking this up, but the only things i found said that a person cant prove that he got poisoning from that place. What if you had left overs? cant you use that in court? Can you give me some links that will help me with this question?

Update:

dammit. it was just a question. i have never gotten food poisoning and have no reason to sue. i was just curious to a "what if" situation. Basically what im getting is thats theres not a ***** chance in getting any justice if you pay for food that makes you sick.

Update 2:

besides going to a lawyer.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Alyce
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Honey, you need to contact an attorney. This it's not a do-it-yourself kind of thing.

And are you talking about actual food poisoning or food borne illness? Food poisoning, you MIGHT be able to prove with leftovers, but not common food illnesses.

• 9 years ago

Documentation helps.

Doctors reports and reports and investigation from the Health Department is needed.

One person getting sick is very difficult to prove food poisoning from a particular place. It is generally reports from several people and reports from doctors and hospitals that get the Health Department involved making it easier to prove food poisoning.

• 9 years ago

This could be hard to prove. Is it worth it? Seems like a whole lot of hassle...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.