Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Question regarding exercise routine for belly fat?

hello everyone. I'm a 22 year old guy. I'm a student but I also work part-time to support my studies. I have been busy from the past one year and have developed belly fat, (visible clearly when I sit. It is slightly visible when I stand) due to stress, lack of sleep and lack of exercise. I'm really embarrassed and have just started working on it, Could you please suggest me exercises for melting it ? I have been reading articles on internet, some of them say that exercises like crunches don't help melting the belly fat. Do you think it is true? I have started running/walking on thread mill for 30 minutes a day (too less?) aiming to reduce the belly fat. but, I'm worried if the overall body fat gets melted because I don't want myself to look LEAN and WEAK. The following is my workout routine right now, in the order I do

1. 20-30 minutes of thread mill includes walking(15-20 minutes) / running (5-10 minutes)

2. back incline - abs exercise - 30 reps in three sets

3. chest exercise (machine) - 40 lbs - 30 to 45 reps

4. shoulder exercise (machine) - 60 lbs - 30 to 45 reps

Thanks for reading my post.

Favorite Answer

Increase the intensity of your cardio. So rather than walking, jog for longer periods of time.

Do cardio solely for maybe 4 times a week and focus on doing weights with a bit of cardio on different days.

And crunches, A-frames, abdominal twists should help strengthen your core, but cardio helps get rid of access fat.

Am I a good candidate for nonsurgical fat reduction? Following are some common reasons why you may want to consider nonsurgical fat reduction: You are in relatively good shape but have modest bulges of fat on your abdomen, flanks, back or thighs that you’d like removed. You have pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise . You wish to achieve a trimmer look without having to undergo an invasive surgical procedure.