Taylor asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

Washes/foundations/moisturizers for oily skin?

I have very oily skin, which drives me INSANE. I wash my face every morning and night, before I put my makeup on and after I take it off. My foundation turns out great then about an hour into school (i'm a freshman in high school) it gets splotchy and uneven. It was recently my birthday and my dad got me a $20 gift card to walmart so I was going to use it on some new makeup but I wanted to get a better idea of the kinds of things I should look for. Like which types of foundations work best, which moisturizers actually work and face washes that will dry up the oil in a matter of days or 1-2 washes. PLEASE help and with accurate information. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Hi, I also have oily skin and for skin care I would seriously recommend the Clinique 3 step skin care system, it is available at sephora and other places and online. They will test you for which level you are 1, 2, 3, or 4. I am 3, and I would recommend the gel over the lotion. It comes with a cleanser, toner and moisturizer. Another skin care suggestion I have is to try the Clean & Clear finishes matte moisturizer for the morning it will help keep your face matte. If you don't want to buy the Clinque my favorite drugstore skincare brands are Clean and Clear and Neutrogena. Another great product is the skindinivia no more shine makeup finish. Make sure to use blotting papers (My favorite are the Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets) and set your foundation with powder, you could try the cover girl loose powder, the one for oily skin. Unfortunately there is no product that can permanently dry the oil up. Another skin care product you can get is a oil controlling scrub I like the neutrogena deep clean shine control scrub.

On to makeup, if you are on a budget you should try out the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation it is very good for oily skin.

Don't work against your oily skin, work with it:P

Source(s): personal experience

As a expert makeup artist for over two decades I quite advise 2 products the two from bee luscious cosmetics their pore perfecting face primer and liquid minerals foundation there'll be no oily epidermis for some good 12 -15 hours and so as that they've a product called ultimatte T-zone mattifier now it is the main stunning product I even have ever used it won't enable any oil products in any respect its remarkable.

For washes, Basis Cleanser

Foundation, L'oreal Bare Natural Mineral Foundation

Moisturizer, Clean&Clear pore perfecting moisturizer.

i use dinair airbrush makeup and i love their stuff! it stays on all day long and it is also all water based so it is not bad for my skin because it doesnt clog my pores...they have a product called shine free that i use as well and it just absorbs my oil all day long...its amazing! i hope i helped =)