? asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 9 years ago

Is this poem good? Middle school 8th grader?

I know its kinda long, but i just want an opinion. yes the letters in the title are capitalized for a reason, and the first lines of some stanzas are capitalized so you can read those only and still make sense.

EViDence

ALIVE FROM THE DEAD

at least that is what it seems to me

on the night of the death

all seemed to die

and there in the earth

our relationship lies

THE LAST MEMORY

i have pondered many times,

i jumped into the arms

of the safe, secure, and strong

and they held me close

protecting me from all wrong

HAUNTS ME

this is what your remembrance does,

i try to trust the truth,

though the truth i hear no more

BECAUSE I KNOW YOU SAID-

i am safe,

i know i am,

always in your arms,

safe, secure, strong

I LOVE YOU

i hear, so i say

that

i love you too

oh yes an innocent little 8th grader totally doesnt get offended when you say their feelings are cheap and copied. thanks for ur opinion

Favorite Answer

No it's not .I am not impressed.

Free verse poetry! ARGHH! My rating is 1/10, due to the fact that hundreds of people have already written this poem. No offense, but a true work of art is something original, or at least expressed in a new manner. So no, the poem is not good. Free verse is only attractive to a point.

Source(s): Literature minor, ____ State Univeristy

have pupils positioned up their favourite artwork on a bulletin board (without call). positioned a container under each and every artwork. different pupils (from different instructions and grade ranges) and instructors can positioned comments in the bins. to make it beneficial, each and every container might desire to be labled : "i like this poem simply by fact..." after some days, pupils can examine the comments and additionally you will have a huge team sharing to close the poetry lesson. contain interpreting poems for the period of the huge team sharing yet another thought is to have each and every student positioned up their favourite or their "suitable" artwork. have somebody illustrate the poem (ought to be "expert" looking). have each and every thing photocopied or scanned and revealed in colour to be distributed to oldsters. (sorry this could be costly)