Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 9 years ago

Physics homework help please?

When water freezes, its volume expands by 10% due to hydrogen bonding. This means that ice floats with 10% of its volume sticking out from above the surface of the surrounding water (hence, the expression "that's only the tip of the iceberg.) If ice cubes are placed in an empty glass, and the glass is then carefully filled to the brim with water so that the top of the cubes extends above the rim of the glass, what happens to the water level in the glass as the ice cubes slowly melt? Will it rise and overflow the glass, will it remain the same, or will it drop below the rim? Explain.

Thanks for the help.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

this is simple.

answer yourself, if you can't work this out you have the brain of a 5 year old monkey. if you can't answer basic science questions by yourself go back to kindergarten you m0r0n, i had questions like that in year 3. i can't believe im hearing a question as stupid and pathetic as this one, your parents must be proud of you you pile of $h1+.

hope this helps :)

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The Physics communicate board, as at present constituted, is so a lot more advantageous perfect than the Astronomy and area communicate board. A&S has a tendency to be really smooth. a great style of i. grade college homework, ii. hoaxes (2012 stuff), and iii. trolls searching for interest. even even with the truth that homework help is stressful, a minimum of it truly is extreme. you are able to conventional self-filter out to locate questions that furnish somewhat undertaking and a questioner who's appreciative. there has been communicate among the aficionados of arising a extreme Physics and Math communicate board. notwithstanding the final consensus became that it would want to nevertheless be complete of homework questions and unsolicited mail trolls, and Y!A does no longer be prepared on the idea because what Y!A needs is site visitors.

• ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Imagine the hole the ice cube leaves. It is 90% of the ice. When the ice melts it will be 90% the size it was, thus filling the hole.

The water level remains unchanged.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.